Aladdin (1992 Disney film)/Awesome
- Awesome Music: All-around.
- Aladdin's Indy Ploy at the climax of the movie, using all his skills as a street-rat to outwit Jafar.
- "One Jump Ahead." It establishes in the first five minutes that the hero of this movie is already a Badass; it's the story of how he became an even bigger badass.
- Jafar after he wishes to be the most powerful sorcerer in the world. He effortlessly humiliates the characters while singing his Villain Song, a mocking reprise of a previous song that praised the hero. The scene ends with some of the most psychotic laughter ever recorded.
- When he sends Aladdin packing in the palace tower, Jafar uses his staff to whack it into orbit like he was teeing off at the first hole of the Masters. Epic.
- The hero gets his own Moment of Awesome in the rematch, however - even though Jafar is just as powerful and seemingly just as unbeatable the second time around - by tricking him into wishing for even more power... which comes with some rather significant drawbacks. ("Itty-bitty living space.")
- The best part is that Aladdin has the balls to mock him about it at the same time.
- Pretty much any time Genie's on screen. Could also count as a Funny Moments and Awesome Music for his musical numbers "Friend Like Me" and "Prince Ali".
- The "Prince Ali" sequence is particularly spectacular. This, my friends, is how you grant a wish with all the trimmings.
- Another one for Aladdin that honestly strikes right to my core every time I see it. After Jafar's brilliantly intricate plan to do away with Aladdin seemingly succeeds, he mesmerizes the Sultan into allowing him to marry Princess Jasmine. When Jasmine states that she wants to marry Prince Ali (a.k.a. Aladdin), Jafar tells her the news, in his best fake mournful voice. Then, out of nowhere, we hear what may be the best line in Disney animated canon ever, if not the best line ever PERIOD.
Aladdin: Better check your crystal ball again, Jafar!
- Aladdin then proceeds to march right in, grab Jafar's snakehead staff and smash it on the ground, freeing the Sultan from Jafar's spell.
- Jasmine herself confidently wows Aladdin by showing just how quickly she can master the art of vaulting from roof to roof.
- Right after the Genie's song-and-dance, reality-warping Disney Acid Sequence introduction, Aladdin effortlessly tricks him into providing a "free" wish -- by prodding his ego until the Genie whisks him and Abu out of the cave. Cements Aladdin's reputation as a Guile Hero par excellence.
- Later, when the Genie realizes what Aladdin did, it leads to one of his many Funny Moments!
- The entire sequence where Aladdin, Abu, and the carpet try to fly out of the Cave of Wonders while lava shoots everywhere.
The Return of Jafar
- He has two others in the same movie: first, when he frees Genie from the crystal ball Jafar's trapped him inside (by dropping it from a great height to shatter on the floor, even while straining visibly at the weight); and second when, at a point of near-death, he summons up the last of his strength to kick Jafar's lamp into the molten lava below, killing him and saving the day.
- The animated series, anyone?
Mozenrath: Well, I like a good laugh too. I'm laughing already.
- In one episode of the animated series, Jasmine got brainwashed by one of the baddies into believing she was the "Scourge of the Desert". It worked...a little too well, and she spent 99% of the episode effortlessly kicking everyone's ass.
- Mozenrath defeating the whole gang after Genie's been captured.
- Mozenrath gets another moment, when he says one of the darkest lines you'll hear in a Disney cartoon.
Mozenrath: My only goal now is to hear your tortured screams!
- The battle between Jasmine and Mozenrath at Dagger Rock, for both of them.
- For one of Mozenrath's coolest and funniest moments, look here.
- During a war between Agrabah and Odiferous, courtsey of Nefir, Aladdin appears to have been killed trying to stop it. Needless to say, Genie doesn't take it well.
Genie: "You people and your stupid war!You have pushed me too far! You don't want to see what happens when you push a genie TOO FAR!"
The King of Thieves
- Jasmine punching out one of the forty thieves, complete with this line.
Jasmine: That was for ruining my wedding!
- Iago's character 360 (well, maybe 270) from Chaotic Neutral scoundrel to reluctant hero to Not-So-Chaotic Neutral scoundrel at the end of the Aladdin movies. Summed up well with his final line, when he throws in his lots with Aladdin's treasure-hunting father:
Iago: You're a good guy, Cassim. But not too good!
- Sa'luk not only surviving what first seemed like a standard Disney Villain Death, but also killing a shark while in the water was pretty Badass.