Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Aladdin fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Aladdin and the Cave of Cheeseburgers by cvfdc (moderate/heavy swearing)
The Man Who Freed Me by Cantare
- Recommended by: The Otaku Ninja
- Synopsis: Phenominal cosmic powers, itty bitty living space. A jinni's fate, unless he comes across the rarest of mortals who might set him free...
Aladdin: Carpet Speaks by emitremus1
- Recommended by: Lizard Of Aus
- Synopsis: A look inside Carpet's head during the events of the film, painting a very different picture of our favorite plot device.
Dance of Eternity by Goten0040
- Recommended by: ira
- Synopsis: "In the city of Abd al Matin, he was transformed into a weapon. He no longer had control. That was the scariest part." Taking place after the events of Aladdin and the King of Thieves, the story revolves around Mozenrath of the TV series coming back to Agrabah after a horrific encounter with a mysterious group of sorcerers having lost his gauntlet to the heroes a while back.
Whole New World by Roga
- Recommended by: Swinburne
- Synopsis: Genie always returns to Al.
- Comments: And the story means that synopsis, in every possible sense of that phrase. It's both heartwarming and heartbreaking. I cry every time I read it.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by: Arcolops
- Pairing: Mozenrath/Sadira
- Synopsis: Performing magic? Piece of cake. Fighting Aladdin? No sweat. Destroying Agrabah? They're born for it. Falling in love with another magical villain? Now THAT is tough.
- Recommended by: bookwormgal
- Pairing: Genie/OC, Canon Pairing of Aladdin/Jasmine
- Synopsis:"My young ones, I have a tale for you..." The elder said as he picked up a handful of sand. "This tale is a legend from long ago, a story that has since been forgotten, where the memories of true love were taken from the very sands of time..."
- Comments: I am generally the last person to support any type of Canon/Original Character pairing, but this writer weaves in so much interesting mythology into the the "Aladdin" universe, that I have to recommend it. Any many ways, it feels like it is just a particularly intriguing episode of the television show. It is set post-"King of Thieves," so no Iago flapping around (my second favorite character next to Genie), but I don't mind the loss of the parrot. This story really makes you wonder about Genie's comment near the end of the first movie: "You won't find another girl like her in a million years. Believe me, I know. I've looked."