All-Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku (OVA)
Two three-episode OVA series based on the original manga, and the first adaptation.
Nuku-Nuku is a powerful combat cyborg/catgirl who is fiercely protective of her family and friends. From a pair of trigger-happy goonettes to a psychotic android that wants to steal her body to the task of trying to reunite Kyousuke and his wife so her little brother is happy, Nuku-Nuku approaches every challenge with a smile, a laugh, and a grip that can bend steel I-beams.
- Author Appeal: In-Universe; Akiko notes that Kyusaku built a gynoid outer appearance for the NK-1124 chassis to match his ideal in female beauty.
- Big Fancy House: Akiko lives in one of these, and so does the rest of the clan in the one episode that Akiko tries to go straight.
- Car Fu: Kyusaku and Shinji (Yoshimi's uncle) slam a Land Rover into Arisa's Armor Tako to allow Nuku Nuku to escape from it during the Beach Episode.
- Cross Counter: What eventually ends Nuku-Nuku and Eimi's brawl during episode 4... Until they get right back up and start going at it again.
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: This is Mishima Heavy Industries' entire shtick, using their vast technology to create weapons of mass destruction up to and including Humongous Mecha and Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids, while at the same time using the exact same resources to expand their reach into the private sector.
- Demon Head: Akiko and Kyusaku pull a minor variant on this while discussing potential ways to get Akiko out of a major fix in the final episode.
- Exact Time to Failure: See Enemy Mine.
- Grand Theft Me: "Eimi wants your body, Nuku Nuku"... and not in the fun way, either.
- Groin Attack: Nuku-Nuku briefly pressing Eimi's groin with her foot during their "Rematch" in the fourth episode.
- Instant Fanclub: Nuku-Nuku gains one when she starts working at a family restaurant.
- Kill Sat: In the last episode. An almost impossibly accurate one at that. Oh, and it's also a Transforming Mecha.
- Lolicon: Kyusaku is accused of being one, first by Akiko due to having designed Nuku-Nuku as a Joshikousei, and later by Nuku-Nuku's Instant Fanclub due to them misinterpreting his relationship with their "Angel".
- The Masochism Tango: Mr. Natsume and Ms. Mishima. You'd think they're still married by how happy they seem to be when they are actually together... Except that just that scenario takes place for an entire episode and proves that neither of them are really happy unless they're trying to kill each other.
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: Arisa and Kyouko become exasperated at how a "bimbo" like Nuku-Nuku catches so much attention and they, being "strong and intelligent" are ignored.
- The Nose Bleed: Happens to a young man who overhears Eimi's Skinship Grope of Nuku-Nuku during the Furo Scene the fourth episode.
- Quirky Household: The Mishima mansion when Nuku, Kyusaku, and Ryuunosuke go to live there for a short period in the third episode.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Eimi's.
- The Rival: Eimi.
- Serial Escalation: Nuku-Nuku's bike rides. At least one series review has referred to them as "BMX-Tours-Are-For-Wimps" rides. The gets to the point where OVA episode 5's plot is kicked off by her having destroyed Ryuunosuke's bicycle during one.
- Skinship Grope: Eimi while sizing up Nuku-Nuku for her Grand Theft Me.
- Sleeping Single: Akiko sleeps in a bed that wouldn't be wide enough for him even if Kyusaku wasn't usually up all night.
- In the third OAV episode, mind. She's normally too busy fighting Kyusaku to worry about sleeping with him.
- Smoking Is Cool: Kyusaku's rarely seen without a drag in his mouth.
- Taking The Kid: Kyusaku takes Ryuunosuke with him when he bails on MHI, not wanting Akiko's Overprotectiveness compromising the boy's childhood.
- Tempting Fate: Arisa and Kyouko are injured when Eimi escapes MHI at the beginning of the fourth episode. Later on we see them using this rare chance to take time off from work. Arisa then utters "I only wish we injured a bit more!" Cue Eimi and Nuku-Nuku rocketing into their apartment, wrecking it and leaving them under the remains.
Kyouko (Just before passing out): Are you happy now?
- The Tokyo Fireball: Quite literally in the fourth episode, which sees Nuku and Eimi destroy a sizable portion of Nerima by exploding the large natural gas tank field which is a landmark of the district.