An Affair to Remember
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
Tropes used in An Affair to Remember include:
- Arc Words: Arguably, 'pink champagne' -- symbolizing the glamor of their former lives and what they are giving up for each other.
- At The Ballet Tonight
- Heroes Want Redheads
- Honor Before Reason: Terry refuses to let Ken pay for her to get better and be able to walk again because she thinks Nickie wouldn't approve, she knows Nickie can't afford it, and she thinks it would be ungrateful of her to let Ken give her back her mobility and then go marry someone else.
- Kissing Discretion Shot: Their first, passionate kiss on the stairs.
- Pretty in Mink: Terry wears a few furs, including a chinchilla wrap. Lois at the ballet wears a white mink wrap with a dress that has a white mink neckline.
- The Remake: It's an extremely well-done remake of Love Affair (1939). It itself was the subject of a remake, also called Love Affair (1994), which unfortunately... wasn't done quite so well.
- Rule of Romantic
- Shout-Out: Features heavily in Sleepless in Seattle.
- Tear Jerker