An American Tail/Fridge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In An American Tail, the Giant Mouse of Minsk was the Golem! An artificial creature, larger than average but modeled after its creator(s), that drove off the oppressive forces threatening the helpless. Why did it take me so long to figure that out?
- And, like the mice who came with Fievel's emigration group, the original Golem's creator was Jewish.
- Unless we never see Fievel go through immigration at the end of the first movie, Fievel's technically an illegal immigrant!
- DEY TOOK OUR JEEEEEEEERBS!!
- In 1888? there was no such thing. If you got here, you were legal.
- They are animals and laws do not apply to them like that?
- But we see the rest of his family become registered citizens at Castle Garden early on in the film, which makes the Fridge Logic more jarring. Although it probably didn't matter as much back then.
- Maybe the Statue of Liberty flight happened right after running Fievel through immigration. They were in the right area for it to happen, and we don't know how much time has passed since the family's reunion and Fievel and Tanya getting a close up view of the newly finished statue.
- Back to An American Tail