Android Announcer Maico 2010
Android Announcer Maico 2010 (also known as Android Ana Maico 2010) is an anime series based on the manga series Maico 2010. The main character Maico (short for "Multi-Artificial Intelligence Computer Organism") is a pink-haired android girl brought in to revive a flagging radio program (although why they use an android in the form of a pretty young woman when she'll never be seen by the audience is never explained in the anime).
Other main characters include:
- Densuke, the male assistant director of the program, regularly abused by Matsuan.
- Izumi, the other assistant director, who seems to do nothing except offer the occasional biting comment.
- Katchin, the public relations manager, despised by everyone.
- Matsuan, the director of the program. He copes with crises (and he faces many of them) by hitting Densuke and dreaming of retirement, growing tomatoes.
- Ryoko, Matsuan's boss, who has put together the idea of Maico being on a radio program.
- Suga, the scriptwriter.
- Ume, the sound effects man.
- Artificial Human: Maico.
- Bad Boss: Matsuan.
- Building of Adventure: The anime is set solely in the radio studio.
- Catch Phrase: Maico's "I am not a robot, I'm an android" (in Japanese, "Robotto ja nakute, andoroido desu").
- Fun with Acronyms: Maico's name.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Maico, who is naked in the premiere when taken out of her box and before her operating system is installed. Even afterward, she seems to have no inhibitions about nudity.
- Insistent Terminology: "I am not a robot, I'm an android."
- Office Lady: Izumi.
- Prematurely Bald: Matsuan isn't bald yet, but the stress of his job makes him lose a lot of hair.
- Robot Girl: Maico, though she regularly says she isn't a robot.
- Salaryman: Matsuan, Densuke, and Katchin. The other men working in the studio don't fit the Trope so well.
- The Silent Bob: Ume, the sound-effects man, never speaks; he communicates by using his sound-effects machine.
- Twenty Minutes Into the Future: Made in 1998, and apparently set in 2010.
- Virtual Celebrity: Maico.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or pink hair in Maico's case.