Angel/Recap/S01/E02 Lonely Hearts
Angel is on the hunt for a demon that kills men and women it picks up at clubs.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- Ambiguously Brown: The bartender
- Bar Brawl
- Book Ends: Begins and ends with Angel sitting alone in the dark.
- Body Surf: The demon moves from one host to another trying to find a suitable body.
- Comically Missing the Point: Doyle and Angel are trying to work out what the design on the Angel Investigations card is.
Angel: Hey, look at that, there is our number. It’s right next to a… a um - a – a butterfly?
- Becomes a Brick Joke at the end of the episode, when Angel leaves Kate his card and she asks if it's a lobster.
- Bullethole Door: What works when your fancy James Bond grappel gun doesn't
- Come Alone: Averted; Angel tells Kate to bring as much backup as she wants. She comes alone anyway.
- Facial Horror: Makes it difficult to get a date when half your face is coming off.
- Grappling Hook Pistol: Spoofed; Angel tries to use a hand-held grappling hook to get himself and Kate (prompting the response "Who Are You?") out of a room they are trapped in, but the wooden beam the wire attaches to crumbles under their weight.
- Half Truth
Kate: You’re telling me you’re an investigator?
- Hypocritical Humor: Doyle again.
Doyle: Violence isn’t going to solve a thing here. [headbutts man] On the other hand it is kind of festive.
- The Internet Is for Porn: Doyle developed his computer skills downloading porn.
- Let's Split Up, Gang!: Team Angel in the bar.
- Man On Fire / Kill It with Fire
- Meaningful Echo: Anything to do with trust, loneliness or making a connection.
- Mistaken for Gay: While the group are questioning people at the singles bar, we see Angel anxiously telling a guy "No, really, I wasn't hitting on you!"
- My Card: Cordelia has some cards done up for Angel Investigations.
- Not What It Looks Like: Angel is caught in the room with the latest victim by a gun-toting police officer.
- Oblivious Mockery: Cordelia telling Doyle how gross demons are.
- Preemptive Apology: Kate is cuffing Angel after finding him with the latest victim.
Angel: I’m sorry.
- Puppy Dog Eyes: Kate sums up Angel's appeal.
How do you get them to trust you, Angel? Give them the big dark eyes, the ‘I’m not good with talk’ speech?
Kate: Well, I'll tell you what. I can go wherever I want, and you can go to Hell.
- Sleep Cute: Cordelia and Doyle after a hard night's research.
- Stealth Hi Bye: I'd get used to it, Kate.
- Tap on the Head: Kate
- Trashcan Bonfire: The demon tries to stick Angel's head in it, but ends up getting set on fire himself.
- Undercover Cop Reveal: Kate.
- Vampire Invitation
- Back to Angel