Angel/Recap/S01/E05 Rm w/a Vu
I think you are gonna pack your little ghost bags, and get the HELL out of MY HOUSE!
Cordelia is determined to stay in her fancy new apartment despite it being haunted.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- Alpha Bitch: Angel describes the Cordettes as being "like the Soviet Secret Police, if they cared a lot about shoes". Later Cordy is able to rally herself by getting back in touch with her inner bitch.
- The Atoner: Subverted with a Bait and Switch Comment
Angel: “Punished. (Cordy nods) For what?”
- Badass Boast: Angel tries out some diplomacy on Doyle's debt-collecting demon friend.
"It's a good offer. You should take it. On the other hand you're making me want to fight some more. You get lucky, you might last ten minutes. Really lucky, and you're unconscious for the last five."
- Bad Bad Acting: Cordy reenacting her audition.
- Blank White Eyes: Cordy possessed by Dennis.
- Call Back: Cordelia's scorched Sunnydale High diploma.
- Couldn't Find a Pen: The word DIE appears on the wall in blood; Cordelia unsuccessfully tries to convince Doyle and Angel that a T will soon appear at the end.
- Dramatic Shattering
- Exact Words: Cordy telling Aura that she never sees her roommate.
- Eyeless Face: Actually a clue that another ghost is trapped behind the wall.
- Fan Service: Angel comes to the door of his apartment wearing a towel and nothing else. In the episode commentary by writer Jane Espenson, she notes, "I put that scene in there because, frankly, I knew there wouldn't be a woman on the planet who wouldn't enjoy seeing David [Boreanaz] shirtless and dripping wet."
- Flechette Storm: The 'ole drawer full of knives trick.
- Forehead of Doom: The first of a Running Gag of forehead comments for this series.
Doyle: "Man, you know I was crazy about her, and I was wearing her down, too. But no, handsome, brooding vampire guy has to swoop in, all sensitive mouth and overhanging forehead." (Angel feels his forehead with a frown)
Cordelia: "Uh, cold wind, scary! What are you going to do? Chap me to death? What else have you got?”
- Ghostly Goals: Maude wants to keep killing her son's girlfriend. Phantom Dennis however seems perfectly content to share the apartment with Cordelia without causing trouble.
- Hannibal Lecture / Shut UP, Hannibal: Maude's words inadvertently play into Cordelia's fears of being an impoverished failure, until she makes the mistake of calling Cordy a bitch.
“I’m not a sniveling whiny little Cry-Buffy. I’m the nastiest girl in Sunnydale history. I take crap from no one. You think you’re bad? Being all mean and haunty? Picking on poor pathetic Cordy? Well, get ready to haul your wrinkly translucent ass out of this place, because lady, the bitch is back.”
- Haunted House
- I'm Not Afraid of You
- I Lied
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Cordelia is no cry-Buffy.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique
- Loan Shark
- Make It Look Like an Accident: All Maude's murders are made to look like suicides.
- Mirror Scare
- Monster Roommate: Cordelia for Angel.
- Not What It Looks Like: Doyle is upset to find a post-shower Cordy and Angel bickering about who left the peanut butter in the bed (given what Angel gets up to with the peanut butter three episodes later, he's right to be concerned).
- Ominous Latin Chanting
Angel: [handing Doyle a spellbook] “Doyle, chant.”
- Only One Name: Lampshaded re Angel.
- Our Ghosts Are Different
- Power Floats: Cordy spends the night sitting on the bed which is floating in the air. Next morning when Doyle knocks on the door it drops to the floor with a thump.
- Psycho Strings: Cordy finding her previous crappy apartment is full of dead cockroaches.
- Sealed Room in the Middle of Nowhere: Dennis Pearson's mother walled him up to keep him from running off with his girlfriend. She was planning to let him out after a while, but had a heart attack and died just after finishing the wall.
- Survival Mantra
Cordelia: "I’m from Sunnydale, you’re not scaring me, you know. No. You’re not scaring me. You’re not scaring me. Not one bit."
- Tempting Fate: Angel and Doyle are dragging Cordy out of the apartment.
Cordelia: Listen good, Casper, you haven’t won a thing here! I’ll die before I give up the apartment, you hear me? I’ll die!”
Cordelia: "Hey, you can just dump my stuff on the couch -- or let me have the bed. What ever you feel good about."
- Vampire Invitation: Angel is able to just stroll into Cordy's new apartment because she said earlier that he was invited over as soon as she found a decent place.
- Back to Angel