Angel/Recap/S01/E14 I've Got You Under My Skin
Angel must gain the trust of a family, one of whom is possessed by a demon.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- Awesome but Impractical: Wesley's knife for killing a species of demon that is now extinct. Cordy uses it to cut up her brownies.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy: Wesley mentions Lizzie Borden, the famous Massachusetts woman accused of butchering her parents with an axe. She, too, was possessed by an Ethros demon. Angel notes ominously that the demon possessing Borden was only an adolescent.
- Badass Boast / You Have No Idea Who You're Dealing With
“You are a fool. You think to destroy me? You’re dealing with forces beyond your comprehension. [snip] I am Ethros. I corrupted the spirits of men before they had speech to name me. The child was but the last among tens of thousands, one more pure heart to corrupt, one more soul to suck dry.”
- Buffy-Speak: When Seth says the roast was a little dry, Angel assures him it was full of "roasty goodness".
- Creepy Child: The child is already psychotic, and the demon is trapped inside as he has no soul to corrupt.
- Death Seeker / And I Must Scream: The Ethos demon after being trapped in Ryan's body for so long, unable to control it.
- Description Cut: Wesley says that if a possessed person eats eucalipsis powder, the demon within is forced to reveal himself. Angel asks how he'll get to Anderson family to eat the powder. Cut to him knocking on the Anderson's door with a plate of brownies.
- Demonic Possession
- Diving Save: Angel with Ryan.
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Ghost Butler: The demon slams the door on Cordy and Seth so it can strangle Paige.
- Gun Twirling: Angel twirls the axe he uses on the Ethos demon.
- Hannibal Lecture: The demon uses Wesley's feeling of inadequacy to distract him from the exorcism ritual.
“All those hours locked up under the stairs and you still weren’t good enough. Not good enough for Daddy, not good enough for the Council.”
- Healing Factor: Paige is shocked to find Angel's cut has healed since she went to get bandages.
- Holy Burns Evil: Angel can't carry out the exorcism as he can't hold holy objects, but when Wes is unable to do so he grabs the required items and completes the ritual despite the pain.
- A House Divided: The demon tells Angel that Wesley is planning to kill him. Later Wesley tries to assure Angel that it isn't true, but Angel says it's OK; he knows Wesley is prepared to kill him, which is a good thing if Angelus returns.
- Layman's Terms
Angel: “He’ll be looking for a hostile environment –- somewhere damp. Probably returning to primordial volcanic basalt for his regeneration.”
Cordy: (picks up the vial) “What is this stuff anyway? Kind of pretty!”
- Oh Crap: Angel and Wes find that the only priest qualified to do the exorcism has been killed performing that ritual. Ethos destroys the box meant to hold him when exorcised from Ryan. Angel and Wes realise Ryan is the evil one, and alone with his family.
- Only One Name / Mr. Smith: Angel says his name is "Angel Jones".
- Saying Too Much: Wes says that a father doesn't have to be possessed by a demon to terrorize his children, then realises he's given away too much about himself.
- So Much for Stealth: Wesley accidentally pokes a talking doll while looking through the Anderson's garbage bin.
- Super Window Jump: Angel pulling a Big Damn Heroes.
- Titled After the Song
- To Absent Friends: Angel inadvertently calls Wesley "Doyle" when he starts bickering with Cordy. Realising he is still grieving, Cordy gets Angel to open up about his feelings. Later the demon tries to use these feelings of guilt against Angel.
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth
- Weak-Willed: Angel tells Wes he can't carry out the ritual as he's too open to suggestion. "How many Thighmasters do you own?"
- Back to Angel