Angel finds himself attracted to an actress who wants to remain forever young. Unfortunately her efforts to achieve this cause Angel's evil alter ego to resurface.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- Annoying Laugh: Cordelia in Rebecca's presence.
- Bad Bad Acting: Cordelia on stage. Subverted when we find Cordy can put on a good performance when her life is on the line.
- Big Damn Heroes / Super Window Jump: Angel does his thing.
- Brutal Honesty: Angelus as always; lampshaded by Cordelia at the end, who points out that she deserves such honesty from her friends too.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Oliver Simon, the talent agent who gave Angel his card in the premiere episode "City Of" in the belief that he was an aspiring actor.
- Couldn't Find a Pen: Averted; Angel can tell instantly the stalker's letter isn't written in blood.
- Crazy Prepared: Cordelia for Angelus' return. Turns out she's bluffing, but it sounds good.
- Cut the Juice: Angelus kills the lights like he did in "Innocence" before making his appearance before Cordy and Wes.
- Decapitation Presentation: Angelus worries that no-one will believe he's killed anyone famous; he suggests cutting off Rebecca's head and putting it on a pike like in the olden days.
- Diving Save / Rescue Romance
- Dramatic Shattering: Angelus exuberantly breaks the wineglass on an overhead beam.
Oh, God. I love this stuff! Wow! Remind me to get the name of your dealer –- before I kill you.
- Dressed to Kill: Angel in a tux, posing as Rebecca's bodyguard.
- Evil Makeover: Worried that Angel might have slept with Rebecca, Cordelia turns up at her house the following morning wielding lattes and a huge cross.
Cordy: Well, judging by the outfit, I guess it’s safe to come in. Evil Angel never would have worn those pants.
- False Reassurance: Wes and Angel try to avoid mentioning that Cordy's acting sucks.
Wesley: You took the role and made it your own.
- Hannibal Lecture: Angel to Rebecca, and Angelus to Wes and Cordy.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Cordy wears tight red leather pants, but unfortunately Angelus doesn't have a chance to change.
- How Did You Know? I Didn't.
- Hypocritical Humor: At the end of the episode Angel wakes up to find himself chained to a bed, being stared at by Wes and Cordy who inform Angel they don't hold the Hannibal Lecture comments made by Angelus against him. They are in fact willing to move on. And they do -- by walking off and leaving him there.
- The Mirror Shows Your True Self: Rebecca realises Angel is a vampire when he doesn't appear in a wall mirror.
Rebecca: When I looked into the mirror and you weren’t there I didn’t scream. I didn’t run. I understood.
- Not So Dire: Wesley and Angel are panicked that there's no escape from the horror. The "horror" in question being Cordelia's acting.
- Oblivious Mockery
Wesley: Angel’s moment of true happiness occurred because he was with Buffy. You realize how rare that is –- true happiness? And what are the odds he’s find that with an actress?
- Playing Possum: Wes after being knocked down by Angelus; he just waits for Cordy to distract him before pushing Angelus into the elevator shaft.
- The Power of Acting
- Right Behind Me: Cordelia is griping at Angel for missing his chance for some free publicity. She says that Rebecca's star is on the wane and so they need to exploit it while she's still famous; Rebecca has just entered their office.
- Slipping a Mickey: Rebecca slips Angel a tranquilizer drug to make him lose his inhibitions; unfortunately this allows Angelus to resurface.
- Stalking Is Love: Angel turns down Rebecca's request to investigate her stalker, but we later discover he has already reverted to his Mysterious Protector act.
- Stealth Hi Bye: "He does that."
- Unresolved Sexual Tension
- Vampire Vannabe
- You Got Spunk: Rebecca hits Angelus with a heavy candlestick.
Angelus: Now that I respect!
Rebecca: You’re crazy.
- Back to Angel