Angel/Recap/S02/E14 The Thin Dead Line
A group of zombie cops terrorize Anne's neighbourhood. Both Angel and his former friends investigate the events separately.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- Affably Evil: Jackson, a drug dealer
- Bald of Evil: Jackson
- Beard of Evil: Jackson again
- Blood Magic: Among his many magical items, Captain Atkinson uses entrails.
- Chekhov's Gunman: The demon which appears as an eye in the back of one's head reappear in "Epiphany". Anne Steele will appear one last time in the Grand Finale "Not Fade Away".
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: A large force of Caucasian police officers brutalize people of a poor neighbourhood predominantly occupied by Afro-Americans and Latins.
- Dresses the Same: Cordelia complains when she sees a girl at the youth centre wearing her blouse, unaware that Angel gave away her clothes to the shelter in "Blood Money".
Cordelia: The crook at the store said it was one of a kind! Big fibber!"
- Enemy Mine / An Aesop: Averted; Jackson stops helping the minute the zombie cops are all dead.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies
- Eyes Do Not Belong There
- Foreshadowing: Gunn's old crew resent the fact that he's left them for some demon detective agency. This becomes an issue in "That Old Gang of Mine".
- For Inconvenience Press One: Cordelia is calling 911 as zombies are breaking down the door.
Telephone voice: "All circuits are busy. Please hang up and try your call again."
Cordy: "This is no time for circuits busy! So, don't tell me circuits are busy. If the circuits are busy -- get some new circuits now!"
- Friendship Moment: Between Gunn and Wes; averted with Angel.
- Immune to Bullets
- I'm Cold... So Cold...: Wesley after being shot. "Is anyone else cold?"
- Neck Lift: Angel Perp Sweating Atkinson.
- No Ontological Inertia: After the spell animating the zombies is broken, they revert into rotten corpses.
- Night of the Living Mooks: The zombie cops, whose actions are controlled by Captain Atkinson, lay siege to Anne's shelter.
- Losing Your Head: Angel is startled to have a cop continue to read him his Miranda Rights after he knocked his head off.
- Punch-Punch-Punch Uh-Oh
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: Merle The Informant has gotten tired of everyone beating him for information and decides to leave.
- Stealth Hi Bye: Played straight with Merle...
Merle: "Jesus, man! I mean, can't you, you know, knock?"
Angel: "You don't make that funny expression when I knock, or if you do I don't see it.
- And subverted when Angel is watching Wesley and Gunn at the hospital, turns to make a discreet exit and finds himself face-to-face with Cordelia.
- Tempting Fate: "You can't expect evil to just walk through that door."
- Undeathly Pallor: Wesley after being shot, and the zombie cops.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Captain Atkinson. The 23rd Precinct had an extremely high crime rate.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Cordelia to Angel, with her usual Brutal Honesty.
Cordy: "Too bad it takes a gunshot wound to make you give a crap. Wesley doesn't need you right now. We don't need you. You walked away. Do us a favor and just stay away."
- Back to Angel