Angel/Recap/S02/E18 Dead End
Lindsey gets a new hand. An evil hand.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- And I Must Scream: The unwilling donors are kept sedated but fully awake.
- Audio Erotica: Lindsey singing at Caritas.
Cordy: "I know you're evil, and everything, but that was just so amazing."
- Bait and Switch Comment: The Fang Gang are trying to track down clues re Cordy's vision. Wesley enters and says excitedly, "Guess what I found?!" then adds, "More nothing than usual."
- Beautiful Dreamer / Shirtless Scene: Lindsey, with and without his hand.
- Bound and Gagged: The corrupt parole officer in Angel's trunk.
- Call Back: The files on Nathan's computer include Manners Massacre, Bethany Project, Project Darla, Drusilla (vampire), Project Angel, Vampire Detectors, Youth Center Project.
- Chekhov's Gun: A literal gun -- Lindsey sees Lilah is packing heat in her handbag and later stops her from shooting Nathan.
- Classified Information: Lindsey tries to get information from the parole officer on Wolfram & Hart's payrole, offering to pay him. He keeps insisting Lindsey give him a password and when Lindsey says he doesn't have one, pulls a gun.
- Covert Pervert: Lindsey pinches Lilah's behind as he leaves and blames it on his Evil Hand.
- Curse Cut Short: Lilah is furious over Lindsey casual attitude to their impending review (and possibly death).
Lindsey: "Well, nothing lasts forever."
- A Day in the Limelight
- The Cast Showoff: Christian Kane shows off his guitar playing. He wrote the song too!
- Even Evil Has Standards: Lindsey finally sees too much of Wolfram & Hart's activities and resigns.
- Evil Hand: Subverted -- the hand is not actually trying to get Lindsey to kill someone, but is writing a psychic plea from its original owner who's begging to be killed. After granting his wish Lindsey continues to play up the evil hand idea as an excuse to cause havoc in a board meeting.
- Eye Scream: The man at the start who got his eyes from Wolfram & Hart gouges it out after he says goodbye to his family.
- Foreshadowing: Cordelia's increasing mental and physical stress over her visions which are slowly killing her as they're not meant to be experienced by a human body.
- Friendship Moment: Cordelia is puzzled as to why Angel buys her half a dozen different kinds of sandwich.
Angel: "I forgot what you liked."
- Game Face: Good for Perp Sweating corrupt parole officers.
- Human Shield: The corrupt parole officer uses Lindsey as a shield while he fires at Angel who's just smashed the window. Unfortunately Angel doesn't like Lindsey much and is Immune to Bullets.
- Hypocritical Humor: The corrupt businessman complaining that no-one wants to take responsibility these days, then blaming his problems on the Chinese factory he subcontracted out to.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Lindsey getting a new hand is something to applaud. The Host can't resist getting in a couple too.
"Well, you know what they say: the hand is quicker than the eye. You'll get that later."
- I'll Kill You!: Lindsey runs into Angel at the karaoke bar and is not happy.
"If I see outside of the club, I'm gonna kill you."
- In the Hood: A demon in a red cloak with his face hidden appears and makes an incantation during Lindsey's operation. This cannot be good.
- Ironic Echo: Kill...me.
- I Want My Jetpack
- "Kick Me" Prank: Angel tells Lindsey to drive carefully. "Lotta cops out there." Annoyed, Lindsey roars off at high speed unaware that Angel has attached a sign saying COPS SUCK to the back of his truck.
- Mercy Kill: Lindsey unplugs his former co-worker whose hand he now wears, then trashes the organ bank equipment.
- Mundane Solution: Angel and Lindsey are walking up to the Front Organisation used to conceal the organ bank, and discuss what extensive security measures might be involved -- window sensors, motion detectors, cellular backup, guards. Lindsey suggests getting his laptop and trying to hack their way in. Instead Angel just chucks his axe through the window and they slug their way through the guards who come charging out.
- Nipple-and-Dimed: Lilah at the board meeting has visible nips. And they didn't want to promote her?
- OOC Is Serious Business: Cordelia spends hours cleaning the Hyperion in silence after having her vision.
- Organ Theft
- Pad Full of Crazy: Lindsey first realises something is wrong with his new hand when he starts writing KILL KILL KILL all over his legal notepad.
- Put on a Bus: Lindsey's last appearance until Season 5.
- Remonstrating with a Gun: Lindsey; first while Perp Sweating the parole officer (at least one of the people he's pointing the gun at is Immune to Bullets though) and secondly during the board meeting while firing the gun from an evil hand!
- Running Gag: The Fang Gang's terror over the prospect of Angel singing again.
- Sarcasm Mode: Angel pays a delivery guy and tells him to keep the change.
Delivery Guy: "Wow. A whole dollar just for me. I'm the luckiest delivery man ever."
- Stab the Scorpion: Angel and Lindsey are arguing over how to break into the organ bank.
Angel: "What do you say we just fight, huh?"
- Scenery Censor: The nude organ donors each have a large sticker with medical information on the glass cabinet around the groin area. The women have their breasts covered by a bikini-like strip of gauze.
- Suspiciously Apropos Music: The Fang Gang go to Karitas and find Lindsey playing his guitar. He's playing LA Song (Pretty as a Picture), which was written by actor Christian Kane. The song's lyrics fit his character (and Angel's) perfectly. "Pretty girls on every corner. Sunshine turns the sky to gold. Warm, warm, it's always warm here. And I can't take the cold." And considering what happens in later episodes, the lyrics "The sky's gonna open/People gonna pray and crawl/It's gonna rain down fire/Gonna burn us all," seem like Suspiciously Apropos Foreshadowing as well.
- Talking to Themself: Wesley and Gunn are alarmed over Cordelia's strange post-vision behaviour, especially when they hear her talking to Angel whom they know is elsewhere. They kick down the door...only to find Cordelia talking to Angel on the phone.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Lindsey and Lilah. Lindsey and Angel.
- Vampire Detective Series: Subverted when Angel admits he had to hire a real private detective to run the fingerprints on Lindsey's new hand as his Friend on the Force has been fired.
- What Measure Is a Mook?: Lindsey casually shows off his Evil Hand to the board by stealing a guard's gun and shooting him in the foot.
- Worthy Opponent: Lindsey hates Angel too much to give him this acknowledgement, but fully acknowledge's Lilah's worth.
"Nathan, I'm so proud that you chose me. (Ruffles Charlie's hair as he walks past him) Charlie! If I would have been in your shoes - I would have chosen Lilah. (Lilah turns to stare at Lindsey) Let me tell you why. Do you have any idea of the hours this chick has logged in? Huh? The files she has on you guys? Deep stuff. Ronnie, your stock manipulations, Nathan's little offshore accounts... Can you imagine if something were to happen to this girl and those files got back to the Senior Partners? They'd eat you alive! She's been working overtime, boys. She's everything you ever dreamed off. Lilah is your guy."
- You Can Never Leave: Lindsey challenges Wolfram & Hart to come after him and his evil hand.
- Back to Angel