Angel starts to think that Groo is taking over his life.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Com without the shuck?
- After-Action Patchup: The UST vibes of this trope are lampshaded when Cordelia patches up Groo, but Angel turns down the opportunity to have Cordy patch him up.
- Almost Kiss: Fred and Gunn -- then their pagers go off.
Fred/Gunn: "It's Wesley."
- All Webbed Up: Fred and Gunn are held in the flesh-eating tree's roots.
- Always Second Best: Groo seems to fit the Champion role just as well as Angel, plus he can fight in daylight and have sex with Cordelia without turning evil.
- Analogy Backfire: While going to buy a Tome of Eldritch Lore, Wesley rallies Angel's spirits by telling him that he is in fact special.
Wesley: You're like one of these rare volumes. One of a kind."
- Bait and Switch Comment: Plenty by Cordelia.
- Cliff Hanger: At the end of the episode Wesley translates the prophecy regarding Connor -- The Father Shall Kill The Son.
- Comically Missing the Point
- Angel gripes that the Hyperion is turning into a hotel.
- “Angel, your coat is singing.”
- Dance Battler: The Dance of Revolution?
- Damsel in Distress: Groo saves an Innocent Bystander from the Senih'd demon, while Angel is forced to stand by watching as it's broad daylight.
- The Day the Music Lied: Cordy tells Angel there's a problem that only he can help her with. Cue serious music. She wants his help to have sex with Groo. Cue comedy music.
- Decapitation Presentation
Groo: "I shall present this beast's head to my princess as a token."
- Distracted By The Smoochies: Fred and Gunn on surveillance. Good thing they had a video camera pointing at the subject.
- Double Entendre: Loads of it; sometimes Cordelia drops right into Single Entendre.
Cordy: "There is a potion, a protective potion. I take it and bang! I can."
- Dresses the Same / Not Helping Your Case: Angel thinks that Groo is taking over his life. Wesley is in the middle of saying they are two completely different people when they enter the Hyperion and find Groo with Spiky Hair dressed in Angel's Badass Longcoat.
- Erotic Eating: Gunn enjoys watching Fred eat.
- Expecting Someone Taller
- Friendship Moment: Between Angel and Wesley.
- Freud Was Right: Angel complains about Groo handling his weapon.
- Funny Background Event: Angel standing on tiptoes during the Mission Briefing to make himself taller than Groo.
- Golden Moment: Again spoofed when Groo confesses that Angel was the real champion who saved them from the tree demon. Cordelia is touched...that Groo would hand over the credit like that.
- Green-Eyed Monster
- I'm Cold... So Cold...: The tree demon once it plugs into Angel's dead heart.
- Innocent Innuendo: Cordelia appears to be suggesting an alternative to com-shucking, one she practised on her cousin Timmy all the time. It turns out she's giving Groo a haircut.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Angel tells Cordelia to take a long vacation with Groo. Someplace in the sun.
- Leeroy Jenkins / Screaming Warrior: Groo's strategy consists of charging in with a sword with a big war cry.
- Life Drinker / When Trees Attack / Mailer Daemon: A life-sucking tree demon with a DSL connection that lures men to their deaths by pretending to be a woman on the Internet and getting them to come meet "her."
- Mistaken for Gay
Anita: "Oh, I love your outfits."
- Moment Killer: Cordelia goes to kiss Groo and finds a hideous demon standing in his place -- it's a vision, naturally. Kind of a mood killer, as she puts it later.
- Multi Boobage: A triple-breasted whore is seen in the demon brothel. Unfortunately she also has a Glasgow Grin. Yeesh!
- Oblivious Mockery: Again, loads by Cordy to poor Angel.
- Oblivious to Love: Cordelia regarding Angel's affections.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: Almost a Running Gag.
- Orbital Kiss: Groo/Cordy.
- Oh Crap: Gunn and Fred look at their video camera to find out what happened to the man they were supposed to be watching. The replay shows him being pulled into the ground by tree roots at the exact same spot they are now.
Fred: "Well, that can't be good." [Tree roots pull them both underground.]
- Pillow Fight: In a fantasy room in the demon brothel.
- Rant-Inducing Slight
- Shoo Out the Clowns: Angel tells Cordy and Groo to take a long vacation. In the next episode, things start getting a lot darker.
- This and That: Totally averted by Cordy, who makes it perfectly clear she wants to have sex with Groo.
- That Came Out Wrong
Wes: "Why can't you have sex?"
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: Grammaticus Third Century Greek Commentaries or G.T.C.G.C.
- Unusual Euphemism: Com-shuck gets used again for all it's worth.
- Unwanted Rescue / Abuse Mistake: Groo sees a client chained up at the brothel and tries to free him.
Angel: "Groo! Groo, I think he's happy there."
- Back to Angel