Angel/Recap/S03/E16 Sleep Tight
Wesley decides to kidnap Connor, only to discover that Holtz, Wolfram & Hart and Sahjahn all have their own plans for the child.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
Lilah: "It's a survival thing. I made a lot of devil's bargains and I stuck to them. As a result, I live somewhat dangerously, and quite comfortably. My mother, who no longer recognizes me, has the best room at the clinic. I get up every morning, put on my game face and do what I have to."
- Big No: Angel when Holtz jumps into the hell dimension carrying his child.
- Chain Pain: Justine strangles one of their training vamps with his chain.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder / Evil Lawyer Joke: Lilah tries to seize the baby for Wolfram & Hart. Sahjahn materialises saying they had an arrangement in which Connor dies. Lilah retorts, "Yeah. I'm a lawyer. Have you met me? We have a new arrangement."
- Cult: Wesley (and Sahjahn in the previous episode) compare Holtz's gang to a cult.
- Death World: Sahjahn opens a portal to Quortoth, "the darkest of the dark worlds".
- Dissimile: "I could drink a horse."
- Dramatic Shattering / Not Himself: Angel has been acting unusually aggressive and hyper. After taking another glass of pig's blood he suddenly starts ranting on about Connor's constant demands for his attention, eventually hurling the glass of pig's blood against the wall.
- First-Name Basis: Justine calls Holtz 'Daniel', hinting that their relationship has become more intimate.
- Foreshadowing: Justine declares she'll follow Holtz to the gates of hell.
- Immune to Bullets: When Angel grabs a submachine gun off Lilah's mooks, he points out that he can kill them, but not vice versa.
- In the Back: Fred shoots one of Holtz's soldiers with a crossbow.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: When drinking with Lilah, Angel orders whiskey -- straight and lots of it.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Lorne uses his singing voice against Holtz's mooks.
- Mexican Standoff: Holtz threatens to break Connor's neck if Angel tries to stop him. The Wolfram & Hart Spec Ops Team can't shoot Angel cause he's Immune to Bullets. Sahjahn opens a portal to a hell dimension and threatens to let it swallow everyone unless someone kills Connor.
- Mood Whiplash: Lorne takes the gang out to the garden where a pretty girl is playing her guitar so he can read her aura.
Kim: (singing) "My heart is breaking - in two. No love, no light left - no you..."
- My Revenge Is Mercy: After Holtz vanishes with Connor, Wolfram & Hart Spec Ops commander indicates Angel mourning on the ground.
Commander: "Should we do something about..."
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Wesley steals Connor to protect the baby -- away from his friends' protection, they are an easy target for Angel's enemies.
- Nothing Is the Same Anymore
- Oh Crap: Wesley is in the midst of kidnapping Connor when Lorne arrives and hears him singing a lullaby to calm the child, thereby reading his intentions. Wesley beats Lorne unconscious, only for the rest of the gang to turn up. Wesley has to talk Angel into letting him take Connor to his apartment before someone looks in his office and finds Lorne there.
- Papa Bear: Angel after finding Connor has been snatched.
- Revenge by Proxy: Holtz and Justine plan to steal Connor and raise him in Utah as their own.
- Saying Too Much: Sahjahn appears, sees Angel drinking with Lilah and immediately accuses her of betraying him to his sworn enemy. As Angel has never even met Sahjahn before, this fills in a lot of gaps.
Angel: "So -- you all are in cahoots. Ethereal time-traveling demon -- you're the screwball that brought Holtz back. How's that working out? He's not very fond of demons, is he?"
- Short Distance Phone Call: Fred and Gunn are flirting over their cellphones, when Gunn walks through the door and they finish the conversation facing each other, but still talking over the phone.
- Spot of Tea: Holtz doesn't like drinking it from styrofoam cups. Justine promises to buy him some china ones.
- Stab the Salad: When Justine questions the morality of killing Angel's human friends, a knife drops out of Holtz's sleeve into his hand. When Justine ends up agreeing with him, Holtz uses it to peel an apple.
- Stealth Hi Bye: Averted -- Lilah looks in the bar's mirror and sees no-one there, but starts talking to Angel anyway.
Lilah: "Like a cat. Can't hear you. But I'm starting to feel you when you're near."
- Take a Third Option: Holtz breaks the Mexican Standoff by leaping into the hell dimension with Angel's child.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: Lilah has been spiking Angel's pig blood with traces of Connor's blood, so he will develop a taste for his own child.
- That Came Out Wrong: Fred and Gunn are flirting when Angel says to chain them up. Everyone gapes at this kinky suggestion until Angel explains he's referring to kid-proofing the weapon cabinet.
- This Is the Part Where: When Justine approaches Wesley without Holtz knowing, Wes says sarcastically, "Is this where you offer to help me behind his back?"
- To the Pain: Angel threatening Lilah. "With transfusions I could keep you alive indefinitely."
- Villainous Demotivator / Perp Sweating
Lilah: "How'd you find me?"
- Wham! Episode
- With Us or Against Us: Justine is reluctant to kill the human members of the Fang Gang, but accepts that they joined with 'Angelus' of their own free will, making them soldiers of the opposite side.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit / Slashed Throat: A bruised and battered Justine staggers up to a gun-toting Wesley saying that Holtz has betrayed them, then cuts his throat when he lowers the gun to support her.
- Back to Angel