Angel/Recap/S03/E20 A New World
Angel tries to find his son after he flees into the city of Los Angeles.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Averted by our handsome hero.
Groo: "Pylean warriors are trained for such endurance. I once happened upon a herd of Bur-beasts and As You Know, engorged Bur-beasts will couple with Anything That Moves. I was forced to stand perfectly still for eleven days and nights."
Cordy: "So, you were never..."
Groo: "No. That honor was yours, Princess."
- Arm Cannon: Connor's three-chambered, wrist-mounted stake-launcher.
- Blade Below the Shoulder
- Bullet Time: More like 'Flying Stake and Hurled Axe Time'.
- Cliff Hanger: Holtz came through the rift while Groo and Cordy were unconscious.
- Colossus Climb: Connor jumps onto the back of a moving bus and climbs onto the roof.
- Conspicuous CGI: Connor jumping on a bus and fighting with Team Angel.
- Damsel in Distress: Connor saves teenage junkie Sunny from being beaten by drug dealer Tyke.
- Distracted By The Smoochies: Groo has been standing motionless for hours, ready to cleave anyone or anything that comes through the rift, when Cordy distracts him with a kiss, whereupon a blast of lightning knocks them unconscious.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Father trying to reconnect with his child who'd been put up for adoption as a baby.
- Ear Ache: Connor slices off Tyke's ear as a trophy, "So he won't forget me." Tyke doesn't -- he comes after Connor seeking vengeance.
- Failed Attempt At Drama: Cordelia tries to use her newly-revealed powers to close the rift. After holding her hands skyward and commanding the rift to close in a loud voice...nothing happens.
- Game Face: Connor insists Angel show him the face he used when killing Holtz's family.
- Give Me a Sword: Cordy throws Angel a sword so he can fight Connor.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Groo re Angel.
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: Though not for the usual reasons; Holtz has indoctrinated Connor into believing that Angel is an evil monster.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Connor steals Tyke's jacket after knocking him out -- he'd know from first-hand experience just how much work it is to tan leather.
- Mugging the Monster
- No Nudity Taboo: Connor casually undressing in front of Sunny.
- Not So Different: Wesley curtly turns down Lilah's offer of a job. She hands Wes an antique edition of Dante's Inferno, pointing out that the innermost circle of Hell - in the centre mouth of the Devil himself - is Judas Iscariot.
Lilah: "The worst spot in Hell is reserved for those who betray. So, don't pretend you're too good to work for us."
Groo: "I'm sure Angel has regaled you with his many exploits."
Cordy: "Oh, he's tried alright. But I get so bored with all that 'days of yore' crap. (Groo glances at her) Ah, I mean...they're nothing like your thrilling tales of adventure!"
- Oh Crap: "That can't be good."
- Offscreen Teleportation: Mistress Meerna, who keeps disappearing from one place and instantly reappearing in another.
Lorne: "It's been like that all day! One of the nasty side effects of specializing in dimensional magic. What I wouldn't do for a lasso and some crazy glue."
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: Connor and Holtz.
Gunn: "Couple of weeks ago he was wearing diapers. Now he's a teenager?"
Cordy: "Tell me we don't live in a soap opera."
- Punch Catch
- Raised by Wolves: Connor
- Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves: Averted by Lilah, who offers Wes access to the finest library of mystical, occult, and supernatural reference material in the world plus full medical, dental and 401(k) package.
- Scarily Competent Tracker: Connor tracks down Holtz even though he assumed his 'father' was back in the hell dimension. In Season 4 it's revealed that Holtz would have him do this as a training exercise.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Wes vs. Lilah. This is the beginning of a beautiful not-quite-friendship.
- Sword Over Head: Connor flees the Hyperion when Angel doesn't kill him when he has Connor at his mercy.
- Taking the Bullet / Take Me Instead!: Angel to Tyke -- these acts make more of an impression on Connor than Angel's words.
- Tastes Like Friendship: Sunny shares her candy bar with Connor.
- This Is the Part Where: Wesley knows what it means when Lilah turns up uninvited.
Wes: "I find you being here extremely funny."
Lilah: "And how is that?"
Wes: "Because you're going to offer me a job."
- Walk in Chime In: Angel says he hopes Connor will one day accept the demon part of him.
Connor: "You'd have to kill me first."
Tyke: (from the door) "Well, that's the plan."
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Connor has aged sixteen years despite having only been gone a couple of weeks.
- Back to Angel