When Fred discovers her former physics professor was responsible for sending her to Pylea, she is determined to exact revenge.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- Attack of the Monster Appendage: A mass of tentacles that popped out of a portal and picked up Angel and Fred. We never saw if it had a body, but each tentacle had its own pincer mouth on the end.
- Beware the Nice Ones
Gunn: What do you mean, die?
- Buffy-Speak: This episode is full of demony portal stuff.
- Call Back: Fred starts writing on the wall again after nearly getting pulled through the portal.
- Cleavage Window: Cordy's top -- Connor certainly grabs an eyeful.
- Cliff Hanger: Cordy to Angel. "Were we in love?"
- Comically Missing the Point: Angel finds Gunn flaked out on the couch.
Gunn: Girl kept me up all night. She is un-stoppable.
- Famed in Story: Angel is quite pleased there are whole forums on him in the "chatty rooms".
- Fan Service: Amy Acker in a short, tight skirt writhing around on top of J. August Richards.
- Foreshadowing: Gunn's sensitivity over his lack of smarts. In Season 5 he gets a brain-upgrade in a Deal with the Devil. This episode also marks the beginning of the end of his relationship with Fred.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Fred and Gunn start making out on the bed. Cut to Angel bringing Lorne breakfast in bed.
- If You Kill Him You Will Be Just Like Him: Ironically Gunn taking matters into his own hands creates a rift with Fred that causes him to lose her anyway.
Gunn: Fred, no! If you kill him, I'm gonna lose you.
- Improvised Weapon: Angel beats the demon to death with a telephone -- it got better.
- Ineffectual Death Threats: Angel Perp Sweating Lilah isn't as effective as it was.
"You know, Angel, coming from you, idle threats are so... well, idle."
- Innocent Cohabitation: When Connor comes to pick up Cordy's stuff, Angel hands him her fluffy slippers, saying her feet get cold. Connor says he knows as Cordelia is always pinching the covers. Angel is not happy over what this implies.
- It's Personal
- Laser-Guided Karma / Self-Disposing Villain: Angel assumes Seidel opened a portal to a hell dimension and fell in himself. Actually Fred opened the portal and Gunn threw him in.
- Neck Snap / Mercy Kill: Gunn breaks Seidel's neck before throwing him into the hell dimension.
- Nerd Glasses: Laurie, Seidel's assistant.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Angel is able to use his Photographic Memory to mentally reconstruct a crime scene around them and identify a suspect. While in earlier episodes he had demonstrated an impressive memory and other exceptional mental talents (he speaks several languages and can recreate faces almost perfectly), that particular ability had not been shown before.
Gunn: How come you never pulled out this parlor trick before?
- Not Quite Dead / Finger-Twitching Revival: Seidel summons a Voynok demon to fight Angel. Afterwards Angel says the demon had nine lives, though we only see him killing it the first two times.
- Off with His Head: Which is good, provided your enemy can't grow a new one.
- Poisonous Friend: Fred goes to Wesley for help getting her vengeance.
- Punch a Wall: Connor after Cordelia leaves him to see his father.
- Remonstrating With An Axe to Grind: Fred venting over what she's going to do to Seidel.
- Ship Tease: Wes/Fred and Connor/Cordy.
- Shirtless Scene: Gunn
- Shout-Out: The comic book references -- from Gunn Perp Sweating a fan ("Think Daredevil #181. I'm Bullseye, you're Electra. One wins, one dies. Get what I'm saying?") to Lilah scoffing at Angel's attempt to do the same with "Hulk Smash".
- Stalking Is Love: Wes to Fred, and Lilah to Wes.
- Suggestive Collision followed by the Smooch of Victory: Cordelia/Connor after staking a vampire.
- This is Something I've Got to Do Myself
Wes: I'd ask to tag along--
Gunn: Well, get on it, 'cause when my girl's not happy-- [cut to him Perp Sweating a witness] I'M NOT HAPPY!
- And later...
Gunn: We gotta get to him before Fred changes her mind. 'Cause vengeance, it can get ugly.
Fred: "You know what they say about payback? Well, I'm the bitch."
- Back to Angel