Angel/Recap/S04/E09 Long Day's Journey
Angel Investigations try to discover the Beast's plan.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- Bookcase Passage: To Gwen's walk-in safe/panic room.
Gwen: You never pass up a good cliché.
- Cut Apart: Cordelia says they need to bring Connor in on this. There's a knock on Connor's door and he rushes to open it -- only to find the Beast.
- A Date with Rosie Palms
Angel: How's Manny?
Gunn: Gave him some magazines about half hour ago to keep him occupied.
Gwen: Swimsuit Edition. (smiles) He's occupied.
Cordelia: (sarcastically) Great, as long as it's not some non-descript tenement downtown--
[Gwen is leading Angel, Cordelia, Manny, and Gunn up the stairs in a dingy walk-up apartment building.]
Cordelia: ...with discarded boxes in the stairwells and peeling plaster and the faint odor of dead people.
Angel: Apparently there's a ritual using members of the Ra-tet to change day into night. Forever.
Wesley: As far as evil plans go, it doesn't suck.
- Gory Discretion Shot: The blood-splattered walls of the panic room are all that's shown of Manny's death. Just as well as his head has been opened up.
- Inadvertent Entrance Cue: Gunn says they can't begin fighting against the Beast without some clue as to what it's up to. Cue Gwen entering the Hyperion with the first clue.
- In Memoriam: The episode is dedicated to Glenn Quinn (Doyle) who died on December 3, 2002 of a heroin overdose.
- Ironic Echo Cut
Cordelia: I trust you, Connor.
Cut to Gunn: I don't trust him.
Manny: Look, it's probably just a few hours 'til this guy catches up with me. I want to spend my last moments with my oldest, dearest friends down at the, uh, Pink Pony Lounge. (to Gwen) I'll buy ya a lap dance if I can watch.
- Literary Allusion Title: From William Shakespeare.
- Locked in a Room: Averted when Angel and Cordy are on guard duty.
Cordy: So, all this time alone together. Could be good for us. Maybe we should talk.
Angel: Maybe we shouldn't.
Cordy: Valid point.
- The Nicknamer: Lorne refers to the Beast as "Dr. Feel-Bad" and "El Destructo". Gunn refers to the late Mesektet as "Creepilocks". Manny calls Angel and Gwen "Super Hunk and Spandexia".
- Operation: Jealousy: Angel going off with Gwen to find Semkhet, arm conspicuous around her waist to piss off Cordy.
- Quit Your Whining: Cordelia tells Angel to just deal with the fact that she slept with Connor, as they've got more important things to worry about.
- Reveal Shot: The Beast in Cordelia's vision is talking to Angelus in the past.
- Rousing Speech: Angel gives it his best shot, but isn't very convincing.
- Sarcasm Mode: Angel vs. Cordelia
- Suggestive Collision: While climbing down a cliff, Gwen slips and Angel catches her.
Gwen: I did that on purpose.
Angel: That's pretty pathetic.
Gwen: If it's a lie, or if it's the truth.
- Sunglasses at Night: Mr. Ashet to hide his creepy eyes.
- Total Eclipse of the Plot: The Beast blocks out the sun over Los Angeles, turning the city into a 24 hour demon haven. The darkness will eventually spread to cover the entire world.
- Wham! Line
Wesley: There's only one way we're gonna defeat this Beast. We need Angelus.
Mr. Ashet: You have no idea who I am, do you, Miss Raiden? Or of the dire importance of recent events.
Gwen: I know enough to go to Tahiti.
Mr. Ashet: Well said. Perhaps, then, I won't kill you for your-- (The Beast punches his fist through Ashet's chest)
- Back to Angel