The Fang Gang interrogate Angelus to discover his connection to the Beast. Angelus tries to turn the gang against each other.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- Buxom Is Better: Angelus notes that Cordelia has "a rack to write home about".
- Car Fu: Wesley drives over a vampire. It doesn't kill him.
- Cliff Hanger: The gang open the safe to find that Angel's Soul Jar has been stolen.
- Concealing Canvas
- Consulting a Convicted Killer
- Continuity Nod: Angelus nailing a puppy to a wall was first mentioned in the Buffy episode "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered". We see Angelus in Prussia in 1789 making his way to Austria. This places him just after Darla abandoned him to Holtz in the barn -- they'd agreed to meet in Vienna.
- A Date with Rosie Palms / Covert Pervert
Angelus: Ah, Fred. You look all fresh and sweet, but I hear you at night in your room with Gunn. The things you say. I'm lying there, listening, hands under the covers... I can't help myself. It's so... gripping.
- Double Entendre: Loads
Angelus: (seeing Connor is wearing his shirt) Looks good on you, son.
Connor: (smirking) So did Cordy.
Angelus: She looks good on everyone.
- Angelus re Wes/Fred.
"You want to impress the girl. Move in, get her to love you, and after a couple days of flowers and chocolate covered cherries, you'll bend her over the kitchen counter."
- After Wes pretends to give up and walk out..
"Nice stamina, Wes. No wonder Fred's not interested."
- Angelus to Gunn/Fred.
"So much for stand by your man. Then again, you probably like her on her knees."
Cordelia: Look in my eyes. Angel knows me. You know me. Better than anyone. So, when you look at me, you know I'm not lying.
Angelus: I guess you just can't understand that special bond between dad and son, given that your own father's ashamed of you--
Wesley: And Connor's ashamed of you. The universe's way of maintaining order, I guess.
- Hannibal Lecture / Half Truth: Par for the course when an intelligent evil guy is locked in a cage.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Cordelia
- A House Divided
- Improvised Weapon: The Teaser opens with a shot of a bound stack of newspapers about the crime wave sweeping LA. Suddenly Connor grabs it to slug a vampire with, then when he's knocked into a gas cylinder he turns it on to spray the vampires.
- Interrupted Intimacy: Gunn walking in just after Wes and Fred kiss. He's smart enough to realise what happened though.
- Love Triangle
- No Nudity Taboo: Connor is implied to be naked when Cordy's hands him the shirt.
- Nothing Up My Sleeve: Connor is using Angel's stake-wrist device.
- Oedipus Complex: "Doing your mom and trying to kill your dad. Hmm. There should be a play." Of course this taunt is clearly meant for viewers; Connor was raised in another dimension and has no idea what he's referencing, and in any case from his perspective has no reason to see Cordelia as someone maternal.
- Power Perversion Potential: Angel using his superhearing to listen in on Fred and Gunn having sex.
- Pre-Ass-Kicking One-Liner: Connor fighting some out-of-town vampires.
Welcome to L.A. (hurls the stake at the vampire, dusting him) Tourists.
Angelus: The "perfect day" fantasy [Angel] came up with. Caves, booby traps, the requisite phallic sword.
- Scare Chord: Averted
Cordelia: Not even close.
- Scarpia Ultimatum: Cordelia offers to give herself to Angelus in exchange for the information.
- Shut UP, Hannibal: Cordelia to Angelus
- This Is the Part Where
- Tranquillizer Dart: Instant Sedation is averted when it takes a couple of hits to make Angelus keel over.
- Vomit Discretion Shot / Single Tear: Connor after seeing the massacred family.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?
Cordelia: Dead demons are just a big blob of oozing mess. Vampires turn into dust like they were never anything at all. But humans— (sighs) it's different.
- You Do NOT Want to Know: Lorne listens to Angelus sing and gives this response to what he read. Cordy's response when the others try to find out how she got Angelus to talk.
- Your Cheating Heart / Conflict Ball: You really picked a great time to start straying in your affections, Fred.
- Back to Angel