Wesley calls on Faith to capture Angelus.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- Alas, Poor Villain / Tear Jerker
- Annoying Arrows
- Bad Guy Bar / Bad Guys Play Pool
- Book Ends: Cordelia kissing the Beast, and Cordelia kissing Connor.
- Cardboard Prison: The prison Faith is kept in is presumably sufficient to keep ordinary humans inside. However, after Faith breaks out of it in 30 seconds (including about 1 second of planning), there can be no question that her incarceration was completely voluntary.
- Well, given that the steps in Faith's escape involved things such as 'Step one: Head-butt your way through inch-thick shatterproof glass' and 'Step three: Fall four stories without bruising', the prison's designers can hardly be faulted for not planning on the inmates being able to do that.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Literally
- Continuity Nod: An inmate tries to kill Faith with a Bringer knife, as a result of an outside contract presumably organised by an agent of the First, the Big Bad of Season 7 Buffy the Vampire Slayer who seeks to destroy the Slayer line. The actress playing that inmate also played a human assassin in BTVS "What's My Line?" though it's unclear if they're meant to be the same person. Also Wesley using Faith's Catch Phrase "Five by Five" and introducing her as "Faith, the Vampire Slayer".
- Dead Person Conversation
- Death of the Hypotenuse: Lampshaded by Lilah.
- Description Cut
- Double Entendre: In an episode with both Angelus and Faith? No kidding.
Wesley: (watching Faith stake two vampires) Feel natural?
Faith: Like riding a biker.
(on arrival at the hotel)
Faith: I hear you're a good fighter.
Gunn: I hold my own.
- And once more with Foe Yay when Faith discovers the Beast is in it with Angelus.
Angelus: Smile, Faith. I thought you'd enjoy a threesome.
- Disconnected by Death: Angelus makes his phone call to Sunnydale from a smashed and blood-splattered booth.
- Due to the Dead / Off With Her Head / Killed Mid-Sentence / Gory Discretion Shot
- Exactly What I Aimed At: Faith hurls a construction hook at Angelus, who easily dodges the slow-moving, dangling object and snarks about Faith's bad aim, and is about to close in for the kill when the hook shatters a covered window, releasing brilliant shafts of sunlight that separate the two.
- Fainting: Cordelia does the Fainting Seer act when Connor is about to walk out and take on Angelus.
- Foe Yay: On hearing that a Slayer is in town, Angelus calls Dawn in Sunnydale and asks if he can speak to her sister. On hearing a reply in the affirmative, Angelus hangs up and mutters in a disappointed tone, "It's the other one."
- Hot Amazon: Connor is quite taken with Faith after she defeats him and apparently the Beast.
- Imagine Spot
- Impaled Palm: Do not ask Angelus for his autograph for your hellspawn.
- Incredibly Lame Pun
- It Doesn't Mean Anything
Lilah: You're free now. No longer encumbered with the secret shame of our relationship.
Wesley: It wasn't a relationship.
Lilah: There's a signed dollar bill in your wallet I think proves different. You knew how I felt.
Wesley: You don't feel.
Lilah: The only true thing I ever--
Wesley: You didn't love me! You couldn't.
Lilah: We'll never know now, will we?
- Mooks: Angelus recruits some henchvamps.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Angelus kills the Beast and restores the sun, much to his annoyance.
- Not What It Looks Like: Angelus' verbatim reaction to being caught holding Lilah's body right after she'd been stabbed in the neck by Cordelia. Everyone naturally assumes he's the one who killed her, and Angelus is so amused by this turn of events, and by the fact that the heroes would never believe him anyway, that he doesn't even try to hide his snickers as he delivers the line.
Angelus: (in a sarcastically overwrought voice) Wait, guys, it's not what it looks like!
- Punch-Punch-Punch Uh-Oh / Punched Across the Room: Faith vs. the Beast.
- Reality Subtext: Charisma Carpenter's pregnancy.
- Sex Face Turn: Lilah calls Wes on trying to achieve this.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: The vampire who realises he's facing a Slayer.
- So Much for Stealth: So much for the element of surprise.
- Spell My Name with a "The": The Destroyer
- Spiteful Spit: Faith spits blood in the Beast's face.
- Sublime Rhyme: The protection spell.
- Super Window Jump / Car Cushion: Faith's Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Technicolor Death: The Beast's death.
- Tested on Humans: Lorne tests the protection spell by trying to clobber Connor with a candelabra.
- That's Gotta Hurt: Angelus watching the Beast inflict a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on Faith.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: The Beast to Faith.
- Back to Angel