Cordelia forces Angelus to work for her.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
ANGELUS: If I did have any friends, they sure as hell wouldn't be living inside my head.
- Bad Liar: According to Connor, Cordy wants...soup.
- Bottomless Magazines: Exactly how many shells were in that shotgun?
- Brandishment Bluff: Angelus scares Fred into letting him steal Lilah's book by pretending a Made in Country X charm has counteracted the protection spell.
- Bullet Catch: Angelus intercepts a dart fired by Fred in the Tome of Eldritch Lore he's carrying.
ANGELUS: Can't beat a good book.
- Call Back
- The short Montage of Connor looking in the mirror for demonic features resembled Faith trying out expressions in Buffy's body in BTVS "Who Are You?"
- Vampires and junkies getting each other high is like in BTVS "Into the Woods" where humans would pay vampires to bite them; the humans would get the thrill while the vampires would get easy blood.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Beastmaster calling Angelus 'sweet'. The Fantastic Drug is used to defeat Angelus, as revealed in the next episode.
- Cliff Hanger: Angelus defeats Faith and drinks her blood, declaring he's going to make her a vampire.
- Continuity Nod
- Wesley brings up being tortured by Faith ("Five by Five") and the Watcher's Council trying to kill her ("Sanctuary"), while Angelus brings up Wesley's inadequacy as a Watcher (which lead to Faith's Start of Darkness) in BTVS "Consequences".
- Connor snarks "Thought you were more of a Taser girl" when a startled Fred points her tranq pistol at him, referring to when Fred zapped him with a taser in the season premiere.
- Curse Cut Short: Faith gets out a "What the f--?" before she's attacked by a vampire.
- Death Seeker: Averted -- though the urge if not the drive is still there, as the next episode shows.
- Dodge the Bullet: Angelus dodges bullets, Tranquillizer Darts and shotgun blasts in this episode.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu / Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon
- Dramatic Gun Cock: "Let's not."
- Angelus repeatedly racks his shotgun while talking to Faith -- turns out he's just emptying it as he wants to use his fangs on Faith instead.
- Even the Girls Want Her: On seeing Faith the junkie girl says, "Hey, you're pretty. You wanna make out?"
- Evil Gloating: Angelus boasts to the other vampires in the Bad Guy Bar about his defeat of a Slayer and the Beast.
- Exalted Torturer: "I avoided the main arteries."
- Failed Attempt At Drama / Offhand Backhand
- Fantastic Drug: Wes and Faith find vampires drinking the blood of human junkies in a back room of the Bad Guy Bar. Wesley explains that it's a mutal means of getting each other high -- the junkies get the thrill of the Kiss of the Vampire, while the vampires get high on the heroin-laced blood.
- Feet First Introduction: Subverted in the Cold Open from the usual Badass or Foot Focus version -- the shoes of an exhausted Wesley and a severely battered Faith slowly step into frame, then drops of blood from Faith's wounds drip onto the floor.
- Friend or Foe: Fred accidentally shoots Lorne with a tranq dart. Lorne thanks her for the best sleep he's had since this whole apocalypse business started.
- Get It Over With
- Healing Factor
- Hearing Voices: And very loudly too.
- Human Shield: Angelus threatens to Neck Snap Wesley, who tells Faith to attack regardless. She doesn't and Angelus gets away.
- I Did What I Had to Do
- I Love the Dead
FAITH: Screw you.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique
- Juggle Fu
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Angelus says, "It's all about choices, Faith. The ones we make, and the ones we don't. Oh, and the consequences." -- "Choices" and "Consequences" were Season 2 Buffy episodes where Evil!Faith played a major role.
- Mathematician's Answer: Wesley asks a blood-splattered Faith if she's OK. She replies, "I'm sticky."
- Meaningful Echo: Angelus says "There's my girl!" after taunting Faith into lashing out at him. Faith said the same thing after taunting Buffy into punching her in BTVS "Consequences".
- Morning Sickness: Cordelia
- The Nicknamer: Gunn dubs Angelus "Vampire Moriarty". Faith is Super Girl.
- Not So Different / Punctuated Pounding
- Pay Evil Unto Evil: Cordelia says this re Angelus killing the Beast, and Wesley says it to Faith re fighting Angelus.
- Perp Sweating / Bad Guy Bar
- Punctuated Pounding
ANGELUS: Has a penchant for rains of fire, blotting out the sun, (punches the occult shopkeeper) getting... (punches him again) inside.... (punch) your... (punch) head.
WESLEY: This the part where you [Faith] tell me you've turned a new leaf, found God, inner peace? We both know that isn't true. You haven't changed. You can't.
- Shower of Angst / Punch a Wall: After Faith gets the crap beaten out of her, she showers off to clean up the blood. Then she vents her frustrations on the shower tiles.
WESLEY: I'm not worried about the bathroom. Although I'm fairly sure my security deposit's a complete loss.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Angelus certainly thinks so.
- Staircase Tumble / Flash Step: Angelus throws Faith down the stair; by the time she reaches bottom he's already there pushing a shotgun in her face.
- Stay Frosty: Faith to Wes.
- Stiff Upper Lip: Angelus mocks what he assumes Wes told Faith -- ironically Wes had been telling her that if she didn't match Angelus' evil she won't survive.
- Terms of Endangerment
BEASTMASTER: I HAVE WONDERFUL PLANS FOR YOU, SWEET BOY.
- (Angelus kicks Faith and she stumbles away) A little tired, sweetie? You wanna take a break?
- Tomato in the Mirror: Connor is shocked when the demon protection spell zaps him for attacking Angelus, meaning he's part demon.
- Tranquillizer Dart: The Fang Gang break out the dart pistols.
- Twisted Echo Cut: The Beastmaster is interrupted from talking in Angelus' head by Connor entering the room where Cordelia is.
- Walk in Chime In: Involving Angelus, as per usual.
FRED: If I were a Runic transcription guide, (walks to the bookcase, searches) I would be...(finds the book) shelved wrong.
- Fred pulls the trigger but her gun is empty -- Angelus grins.
ANGELUS: Too bad. I was just starting to have fun.
- Faith and Wesley are entering the Hyperion gates.
FAITH: We track him, we find him, we--
- Later on...
WESLEY: This Maury that Lorne knows may be able to help us find where Angelus is hiding. (stop as they see Maury's corpse)
BEASTMASTER: YOU WOULD DARE TO DEFY ME?
- Back to Angel