Faith captures Angelus and they both go on a mindtrip together.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- All's Well That Ends Well: Averted with Cordelia's Walk in Chime In.
- Angst Coma: And not Faith's first, either - lampshaded by Cordelia.
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?: Willow visits Cordelia in her bedroom to explain how she's been called to help put Angel's soul back. Evil!Cordy reaches under the covers for her butcher's knife, but relaxes as Willow talks of how impossible her task is...until Willow has a Eureka Moment.
Willow: (excited) Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
- Attack Hello: Cordelia breaks a vase over Connor's head to make him think she's afraid of the Huge Floaty Head (and probably to punish him for making her break Angel's Soul Jar).
- Bait and Switch / Brick Joke: Angel saving a puppy, to Angelus' total disgust.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: Angel vs. Angelus. Technically it's a tag-team bout, since Faith is in Angel's brain, too.
- Beware the Superman: Cordelia telling Connor that they're special and the rules don't apply to them.
Willow: You must be Angel's handsome yet androgynous son.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Connor wonders aloud if Willow is powerful enough to take on the Beastmaster. Hello, Dark-Eyed Girl!
- Buffy-Speak: With Willow on the scene the amount of Buffy Speak jumps exponentially. Lack-of-Hygiene World, avoidy, boneage, Smash-o-crash, huge floaty head.
- Call Back: Faith seeking to atone for her crimes with a grand yet suicidal gesture, as Angel tried to do in "Reprise".
- Cliffhanger Copout / Once More, with Clarity: We're treated to a flashback of the end of the last episode—only this time, the camera holds on Faith so we can see her pump herself full of magical heroin before fighting Angelus.
- Continuity Nod: Angel singing Mandy. Angelus cannot bear Faith knowing he listens to the song.
- Willow is shown receiving the call from Fred in the BTVS episode "Lies My Parents Told Me".
- Conveniently-Timed Attack From Behind: Connor is about to stake an unconscious Angel when Faith grabs his wrist.
- Converse with the Unconscious: Lorne talks to an unconscious Faith, but it's clear he thinks there's little hope. At one point he sings 'Macarthur Park' to her—Faith and Angelus hear the song in their shared dream playing on a jukebox.
- Crossover: Willow crosses over from Buffy, and later brings Faith back with her.
- Curse Cut Short: Cordelia on seeing the broken Muo-Ping, gets out an "Oh sh--" before a Twisted Echo Cut of Angelus saying "I don't believe this!".
Faith: Way I figure, I've got one last job: baby-sit the psycho 'til they shove a soul up your--
Wesley: A lot's happened. Not just Angelus. I've been...I've changed. I've seen a darkness in myself. I'm not sure you'd even begin to understand...
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Willow zaps Evil!Cordy with a spell.
Cordelia: I'th bid my thongue.
- Diving Save: Angel saving a puppy in the 1920's.
- Don't Make Me Take My Belt Off: Faith to Connor.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: The drug traps both Angelus and Faith inside his memories until his soul is restored.
- Failed a Spot Check: Excited over her new idea of how to restore Angel, Willow rushes out the door—into which slams a butcher knife thrown by Cordelia in a last-ditch effort to kill her.
- Fantastic Drug: Orpheus.
- Fighting From the Inside: Angelus claims to always be doing this to Angel.
- Foreshadowing: Cordelia saying, "If only this were a few weeks later" when trying to summon enough power to defeat Willow.
- Golden Moment: Averted by Faith as it would only lead to hugging.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Cordelia's reaction to the possibility of Connor/Faith, though it could simply be because she fears losing her influence over Connor.
- Half Truth: Wesley asks Willow if anything else (besides the whole turning evil thing) has changed with her. Willow says, "Oh, little things..." then 'casually' inquires about Fred.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Everyone, including Faith herself, thinks she's done this.
- Hollywood Exorcism: Bell, book and candle are used for the magic ritual to put Angel's soul back.
- I Did What I Had to Do
- Ironic Echo Cut
Lorne: It's OK, Faith. It's OK. You just wait. They'll get Angel back, and... (trying to convince himself) it'll all be worth it. It'll all-- (Faith gasps and sits up -- cut to her dream where Faith wakes up in an alley)
- Like Father, Like Son
- Manipulative Bitch: Evil!Cordelia really brings out her inner Lady Macbeth.
- Meaningful Name: Orpheus.
Wesley: It leads you down to hell. And leaves you there.
- Mundane Solution: Willow's solution is to cast a spell to break the jar.
- Mirror Match: After 11 seasons of Buffyverse, we finally get a showdown between Angel and Angelus. It's a draw.
Angel/Angelus: I've been waiting a long time for this.
- Mistaken for Gay: Willow thinks she and Fred are flirting. Fred thinks they're just geeking out.
- Moral Event Horizon: 1970's Angel waiting for a man to die so he can feed off him, completing the transformation into the homeless rat-eater we remember from BTVS "Becoming".
- The Needs of the Many: Cordy re why Connor should kill his father.
- No Sense of Humor
Wesley: Sorry. I think my sense of humor's trapped in a jar somewhere.
- Oedipus Complex: Cordelia snogs Connor and talks him into killing his father.
- Perma-Stubble / The Nicknamer
Willow: (seeing Wesley) Oh, and it's the Marlboro Man. Or at least his extra-stubbly, mentally unstable, insomniac, first cousin of-- For the love of Hecate, somebody stop me.
- Pet the Dog: 1920's Angel.
Angelus: Oh no. I got to get out of here.
- Pietà Plagiarism: Wesley carries Faith's bloodied body into the Hyperion Hotel in slow motion.
- "Previously On...": Carries on directly from the last scene.
- Real Life Relative: That's Eliza Dushku's brother playing the robber.
- Redemption Equals Death: Discussed, and averted. Faith seems to have accepted this. Angel disagrees.
Faith: Rolled the bones. You for me.
- Rescue Sex: The flapper girl is willing to be very grateful to the handsome man who saved her puppy. As Angel is craving something else, he tells her to take a walk.
- Rock Bottom
- Running Gag: Back in season two Angel has to sing Mandy to save a girl's life. Here when doped up on drugs Angelus is humiliated when Faith sees a flashback to him listening to the song.
Bring on the pain!
- Same Clothes, Different Year: Angel's wearing a black leather jacket in The Seventies. It goes great with the striped pants, semi-unbuttoned shirt, gold necklace and gratuitously wide collars.
- Ship Tease: Willow/Faith's Geeky Turn On. Cordelia's description of Connor/Faith also reaches Fetish Fuel proportions.
- Slave Collar: For once not played for Fetish Fuel.
- Slipping a Mickey: Faith does this to Angelus the hard way - overdosing on a drug that affects vampires, then letting him drink her blood. The downside, of course, being that she takes a lethal overdose and loses a lot of blood.
Faith: (smiling) Kicked his ass. *coma*
Willow: There's lots of jars in the world -- can't shatter them all. I mean, you could, but good things come in jars. Peanut butter, jelly, those two-headed fetal pigs at the natural history museum. (Wes doesn't respond) Come on, everybody loves fetal pigs.
- Two Scenes, One Dialogue / Talking in Your Dreams: Justified as Faith and Angelus are linked psychically.
- Walk in Chime In: What you need is a witch.
- What Do You Mean It's Not Heinous?
Angel: I'm not perfect, Faith. Even with a soul, I've done things I wished a thousand times I could take back.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: When Dream!Angelus kicks Faith in the face, her cheek wound breaks open in the real world.
- Your Mom
Faith: Did you kiss your mother with that mouth?
- Back to Angel