Angel/Recap/S04/E18 Shiny Happy People
The Fang Gang fall under the influence of Jasmine.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- Apologetic Attacker: Fred trying to kill Jasmine.
- Bad Liar: Fred trying to get in to the hospital to see Stroller.
- Bait and Switch Comment: After fleeing from Jasmine's Nightmare Face, Fred has a Hope Spot re Angel.
Angel: Sometimes, when I look in her eyes, I've seen it too. It's overwhelming. The lies, the deceit...just melts away. (smiles) Nothing left but the beauty.
- Berserk Button: The Fang Gang whenever someone tries to harm Jasmine.
- Comically Missing the Point: Gunn and Wesley are trying to think of a name for She Who Has Not Yet Been Named. Gunn suggests Helen, which was his grandmother's name. Wes prefers Aristophila, "Supreme Lover of All Mankind." Fred enters from futilely trying to scrub the blood from Jasmine's blouse.
Wesley: All right. What about—
Gunn: "Clorox, she bleaches away the hate."
Wesley: Probably best we avoid brand names.
- Convenient Coma: Cordelia. She'll stay that way until Season 5's "You're Welcome".
- Chekhov's Gun: Fred saying she washed Jasmine's blouse till her fingers bled.
- Decapitation Presentation: A vampire is shown holding up a human head which he then bowls down a bowling alley.
- Disposing of a Body
Lorne: Oh, relax. It's just a buzz saw. Nothing to get worked up over. It's Gunn and Wes down in the basement. They're dismembering that armor-plated demon, Skip.
Fred: Oh, right. Well, there's been an awful lot of dismembering going on in that basement lately, if you ask me.
Fred: Have you noticed how we all just kinda do what she says; don't ask questions?
Angel: Isn't it a relief? Constant questioning -- it's finally over.
- Facial Horror / Two-Faced: Stroller's face has become infected where Jasmine touched him.
- Glamour Failure: Fred and Stroller have seen Jasmine's true face, decayed and crawling with maggots.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Stroller
- Gun Twirling: Connor does a Buffy-like stake-twirl after dusting a vamp.
- Hey It's That Girl: Gina Torres smiles more in this episode than she did in the entire run of Firefly.
- Human Shield: Fred holds a knife to Lorne's throat to escape the Hyperion and her Mind Controlled friends.
- I'm Standing Right Here: The gang ask what evil form Cordy's spawn has taken.
Fred: Eight legs, three heads, horns...?
- The Man Behind the Man: The true Big Bad of the season makes her appearance.
- Mind Control: Anyone who sees Jasmine instantly loves her.
- Naked on Arrival / Foot Focus: Jasmine
- Not Himself: Connor being "not evilish". Then Angel talks about finding Cordelia's child and worshiping her. Uh huh. The Fang Gang exchange significant glances. Wesley tries to explain to Angel that he's under a spell, then Jasmine enters the room and puts the whammy on everyone. By the end of the episode only Fred is regarded as the odd one out.
Angel: She was acting weird earlier, and I just thought it was Fred being Fred.
- Only Sane Man: Fred is smitten with Jasmine like everyone else, until she sees her true face.
- Oh Crap: Jasmine appears on a morning talk show, bringing the entire city under her influence.
- The Nicknamer: Fred calls Jasmine "Your Holy Bodiness". Gunn asks if she's "A Power That Was".
- Kneel Before Zod: The automatic response of everyone who sees Jasmine.
- Serious Business: Fred trying to clean the blood from Jasmine's blouse.
- Taking the Bullet: Angel leaps in front of the quarrel fired at Jasmine.
- Titled After the Song: "Shiny Happy People" by REM.
- Walk in Chime In
Bowling Vampire: I'm telling you, something big is coming, and when it gets here, we're gonna be in prime position for--
Angel: (with the entire Fang Gang, who are brandishing sharp objects) An ass whoppin'?
- Back to Angel