Angel/Recap/S04/E19 The Magic Bullet
Fred goes on the run with every Jasmine follower in the city after her.
This Recap page does not have a recap. (This page might or might not have a summary, which is much shorter than a recap.)
You can help this wiki by writing a recap of this work or installment.
Recap pages that do not have recaps are subject to speedy deletion without warning or debate.
- A Handaxe To Grind
- Anywhere but Their Lips: Angel kisses Cordelia's forehead before bleeding her.
- Apologetic Attacker
Fred: I'm so sorry.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Jasmine makes food taste good.
- Batter Up: Lorne knocking out Wes and Gunn.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Literally with the deaf woman using sign language.
[SUBTITLE] I wish I could be in Fred's skull...so I could explode her brain and kill her for rejecting Jasmine.
- Blatant Lies: The demon claims to be a vegetarian. When Fred points out that he's got sharp teeth, he changes it to fish and vermin. The severed hands hidden in his blanket tell a different story.
Hey, these yours? 'Cause I've never seen 'em before. Why would anyone keep a stash (picks up a hand) of these tasty little--uh, disgusting meaty things like this laying around? (shrugs) OK, so, not a vegetarian. (breaks a finger off the hand, takes a bite of it, offers the hand to Fred) Finger food?
- Cliff Hanger: Fred and Angel succeed in freeing the other members of the gang from Jasmine's influence, only for Connor to betray them.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Spoofed when Fred asks the owner of a conspiracy bookstore if he hasn't noticed anything strange about the way everyone is acting. The conspiracy nutter says that the CIA are still listening to the implants in his head, but it doesn't bother him anymore as he's broadcasting Jasmine's love back to them via the mind control satellites.
- Crap Saccharine World
- Crazy Cat Lady: "I have 37 cats, and I've just changed all their names to Jasmine."
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: Fred threatens to chop out the conspiracy nutter's implants.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Jasmine's 'jihad', and all the love-bomb culty stuff.
- Enemy Mine: Averted when Fred finds herself hiding in a demon's lair.
Demon: Wow. Amazing. Two beings dissimilar as you and me discovering a shared link against a common foe. Huh. The irony. My feelings for you are changing. (shrugs) I feel warmth. (sighs) Wait. No, I don't. (holds up hands) That's just me wetting myself because you wouldn't let me pee!
- Eureka Moment: The demon attacks Fred and tears her shoulder, causing her to remember Jasmine's wound in the previous episode.
- The Evils of Free Will: All of the Fang Gang talk of how they miss Jasmine's love once they are removed from her glamour.
- Exactly What I Aimed At: Fred breaks Jasmine's spell on Angel by deliberately shooting him with a bullet that first had to pass through Jasmine, since it is exposure to Jasmine's blood that breaks her glamour.
- Fake-Out Make-Out: Fred hears a group of people approaching and grabs Angel for a passionate snog.
Fred: (whispering) You think they bought it?
- Get a Room: The short demon's reaction to Fred removing her clothes to check out her injuries.
- Hive Mind / Telepathy
- Heel Face Revolving Door: Gunn re Angel.
Evil. Not evil. Evil again. Wish he'd make up his mind.
- Hollywood Tone Deaf: Angel and Connor singing a duet in praise of Jasmine, to the tune of Manny.
- I'll Kill You!
Connor: (struggling in Angel's grip) I'll kill you!
- Kill It with Fire: Jasmine orders the conspiracy theorist to burn down his shop to destroy all traces of her blood.
- Man On Fire / Incendiary Exponent: A man crashes his car while pursuing Fred, then staggers out on fire, still calling on her to accept Jasmine's love.
- Mood Whiplash / Musicalis Interruptus: The Teaser has The Beach Boys playing as complete strangers share the love of Jasmine. A commuter happily stops his car to allow some pedestrians to cross—only for a wide-eyed Fred to slam into his window before fleeing, pursued by Wes and Gunn.
- Omniglot: Jasmine can speak any language.
- Person as Verb: "Fred pulled a Houdini on us."
- Pietà Plagiarism: Angel carrying an unconscious Fred out of the Magic Bullet.
- Power Glows / Sickly Green Glow: Jasmine feeding.
- Putting a Hand Over His Mouth
- Quick Nip: Lorne fortifies himself before going out to grab Wes and Gunn.
- Rule of Three: The conspiracy bookstore owner takes out a revolver, a yo-yo, and a book on "Making Mind Control Work For You."
- Sarcastic Confession: Connor asks what happened to the three people who entered the room with Jasmine. She says matter-of-factly, "I ate them." Connor just replies, "Cool."
- Scare Chord: When the people at the motel turn and look at Fred. A comatose Cordelia grabbing Angel's wrist in an instinctive response.
- Shout-Out: Has an Invasion of the Body Snatchers feel.
- So Much for Stealth: Angel does a Pratfall trying to sneak through the window into Cordelia's room.
- Sublime Rhyme: Jasmine wanting to meet ASAP for some TLC, and "You're dead, Fred."
- Terrible Interviewees Montage: The people at the Hyperion talking of why they love Jasmine.
- That Came Out Wrong / Bizarre Demon Biology: Lorne talks about Jasmine walking through the door and into his ass, then has to explain that as a demon his heart is located there. "I could show you an x-ray."
- Training from Hell / Scarily Competent Tracker / Blase Boast
- Walk in Chime In: The owner of the Magic Shop asks for the autograph of the notorious Fred Burkle.
Fred: Anything for a fan. Who should I sign it to? (reaches inside the desk drawer)
- Weirdness Censor: No-one comments on a green-skinned, red-eyed, horned demon at the front desk of the Hyperion.
- Who Shot JFK?: Spoofed when Jasmine tells the conspiracy theorist that Oswald did it.
- You Know What They Say
Lorne: You know what they say about people who need people...
- Back to Angel