Angel Beats!/Ho Yay
- Hinata and Otonashi. About once in every two episodes Hinata will say something (such as "I quite like you" or "I need you!") that makes him sound like he has a crush on Otonashi. Cue Otonashi asking "Are you..." with a troubled look and an Aside Glance, and Hinata hurriedly cutting him off. "It's not like that!". It's pretty much a Running Gag by now.
- As of Episode 7, Otonashi and Naoi.
Naoi: All of you are idiots.. Ahh, except for Otonashi, of course!
- Episode 11 has Hinata and Naoi trying to out Ho Yay each other to help Otonashi.
- Oh, the Ho Yay was present as early as the end of episode 6. Not only does Otonashi hug Naoi, but gives him a deliciously Ho Yay laden speech, particularly in the dub:
Naoi: So then... You'll acknowledge... My existence?
Otonashi: Who else is there? You're the one I'm embracing. There's no one but you. There's only you.
- Towards the end there's some Les Yay between Yuri and Kanade.
- Hisako with Iwasawa in chapter 14 and the omake in the Heaven's Door manga, with Iwasawa hugging Hisako, saying things like "I need you" (which Hisako reciprocates) while poised over her, testing Hisako's breasts' sensitivity, accidentally ending up with a nude Hisako poised over her...
- Remember what T.K. said in episode 12 when he saw Matsushita all slim and fit? "Tasty Candy."