Angel Sanctuary/Ho Yay
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Angel Sanctuary, laden with Bishounen as it is has not sooo many moments. Many are Heterosexual Life Partners or otherwise more parental relations. However, many fans wonder about why Katou was so obsessed with Kira until the very end...
- Lampshaded in one of the Afterword sidebars. Apparently, one of Kaori Yuuki's assistants admitted to her that she was convinced Katou was gay. Yuuki emphatically told her she was right. She DOES, however, admit that the question never came up in-story, so she might have just been Trolling.
- The relationship between Rosiel and Katan -- or, more accurately, the obsession of Katan with Rosiel -- strongly suggests something beyond a master/servant relationship. The evidence, ladies:
- Rosiel claims Katan is the only beautiful thing he ever "created".
- The (short-lived) Kirie actively competes with Katan for Rosiel's attention. When she tends to a sleeping Rosiel, he says Katan's name in his sleep.
- Rosiel FORCE FEEDS Katan one of his undeath-granting feathers to keep him alive. Moments after callously sacrificing Kirie for a failed Batman Gambit.
- After a failed assassination attempt, Rosiel nearly tackles Katan for comfort. While demanding that he tell him he's beautiful so loudly he can't hear anything else. Note that Katan is nude at the time.
- Although several events contribute to Rosiel's batshittery, he only goes over the edge after he kills Katan. When Alexiel finally kills him, he asks to join Katan's spirit in eternity.
- Rosiel routinely fondles Anything That Moves. However, he only shows genuine affection for Katan.
- Kaori Yuuki compares Katan and Rosiel's relationship to that of Alexiel and Kurai. Kurai was canonically in love with both Alexiel and Setsuna. The specific term she uses is "husbands". This was in the first volume, people!
- Kira and Setsuna are slashy enough, both being beautiful and being close friends, but as the plot develops Kira's feelings for Setsuna are revealed.