Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Animaniacs Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Recommended by kurumitsubasa
- Synopsis: A depiction of the Warner siblings managing to rise from almost the ultimate hard-luck circumstances (their dad is a pickpocket/con artist, for example) to become the stars of Animaniacs. Set between 1988 with the most recent chapter being from the summer of 1996.
The Burbank Confession by KitchenSink (Caution: Like the above story, this fic is a bit more mature than you would expect for this category. The story is rated a high T for language, violence, and some mature themes.)
- Recommended by kurumitsubasa
- Synopsis: A story set roughly a decade after the show's cancellation. The characters are caught up in a toon vs. human war in Burbank as they slowly begin to piece together a larger mystery that surrounds their backstory as well as the entire ordeal itself.
Out of the Tower and Out of Their Minds by Karen Tindall
- Recommended by Trouble The Cat
- Synopsis: Technically two stories in one. The first part is very loosely based on the old SNES Animaniacs game, with the Warner Siblings being asked by Mr. Plots to look for a stolen movie script in what is really a ploy to keep them out of the way of an important celebrity dinner at the studio, only for the script to be stolen for real by Pinky and the Brain, in one of their usual harebrained Take Over the World schemes. Lots of characters make cameos, including members of the Tiny Toon Adventures cast and genuine Hilarity Ensues. Part 2 is a full on crossover with Tiny Toon Adventures in which the Warner Siblings are rewarded for their help in the first part of the story with a visit to Acme Acres.
- Pairing(s): Contains some Yakko/Fifi in Part 2.
- Recommended by: Gemini Star 01
- Synopsis: "An unexpected death leads to whispers of an unsettling conspiracy. When disaster strikes, the bonds of sibling love are tested in a race against time to save Toontown." Set several years after the end of the series, Bonds mixes liberally with Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.
- Tags: Character Death, some pairings, Dark Fic (but not too dark.)
- Pairings: There's no real romance, but there are highly emotional pairings built up, including Buster/Babs, Yakko/Babs, and Skippy/Dot.
Jane Narf by Parhelion
- Recommended by bluehedgehogjunkie
- Synopsis: "Passion! Plagiarism! Puerility! The Love Story Every Woman Would Die a Thousand Deaths to Live is now The Parody Every Mouse Would Die a Thousand Deaths to Delete!"
- Tags: Crossover, Parody, Original Flavor
- Pairings: Implied Pinky/Brain, Dot/Brain and Snowball/Brain—but it's only incidental. (Think Yakko as Han and Dot as Leia in "Star Warners".)
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.