Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Complete Monster: Middle Eye. Even the other slavers consider him a sick bastard.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: When the conquistadors arrive at the end of the film. Civilisation, bitches!
- Also Jaguar Paw's "rebirth" from the mud and its immediate aftermath.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Blunt's mother-in-law constantly berates and humiliates him, but tries to comfort him when he is captured.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Every time Middle Eye tells Jaguar Paw to "run". Boy does he run.
- Moral Event Horizon: Zero Wolf, Middle Eye and the other slavers collectively cross the horizon during the attack on the village and the grueling march to the Mayan city. The one that takes the cake must be Middle Eye gloating and killing Flint Sky in front of his son Jaguar Paw, simply for the crime of being Jaguar Paw's father (and for stopping Middle Eye's rape of a girl earlier on).
- Special Effects Failure: The black jaguar is a very obvious puppet when it gets killed by the slavers.
- Unfortunate Implications: The film has been very polarizing in their portrayal of the Mayan people and the arrival of the Roman Catholic conquistadors in the film's ending.
- The Woobie: Blunt, being the object of cruel pranks and mockery from his fellow villagers while being constantly insulted by his wife's mother for being unable to have children. Then, when the Holcanes arrive, Blunt bravely fights back but gets overpowered...and has to watch his wife being raped and killed in front of him by Middle Eye.