Arc of Sacrifices/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Link back to the main page:Arc of Sacrifices
YMMV tropes in the Fan Fiction Arc of Sacrifices:
- Alternate Character Interpretation - even for a series renowned for this trope, it still leaves a lot open for interpretation. For example, is Indigena Yaxley admirable for sticking to her rigid code of honour, or is she just weak for not taking death instead?
- Better Than Canon - often considered to be.
- Complete Monster: Of course, Voldemort, and Bellatrix Lestrange, not to mention Evan Rosier.
- Henrietta Bulstrode is//was really, really evil, and it just keeps getting worse as you realize more and more things about her. Like what she did to her daughter, and the fact that she raped Evan Rosier after he tried to rape her. Admittedly, he's a Death Eater, so it's really the 'jaywalking' in Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking by this point, but she's supposed to be one of the good guys.
- Ensemble Darkhorse - Evan Rosier began as a normal Death Eater, but played a pivotal role in destroying the cup Horcrux in the seventh book.
- Growing the Beard - YMMV, but the first three books and most of the fourth just read like a particularly good fanfic. It really hits its stride during the graveyard scene at the end of book four, and keeps on getting better from there.
- Magnificent Bastard: Every Slytherin save Harry wants to be one. Harry doesn't like the idea, but he'll do it anyway if it will help with his duties as a vates.
- Very many characters are trying for this, though they tend to fall slightly short by virtue of being unable to see all they can.
- Manipulative Bastard: Henrietta Bulstrode.
- Moral Event Horizon: Dumbledore creeps closer and closer to crossing it as time passes, until he casts Capto Horrifer, a spell that forces people to relive their worst memory and change it into worse and worse visions so that they aren't even allowed the assurance that they survived it once.
- The Scrappy - chances are you'll hate Indigena Yaxley by the end of the series.
- Selfish Good, Selfish Evil
- Rosier exemplifies Chaotic Selfish.
- Voldemort, as in canon, is very Selfish Evil.