Look Credenza! I found something shiny!
- Adult Child: Very much justified by having no memories of... well, anything.
- Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny: See his character quote? He says variations on that a lot.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He does not need to rely on Raven for everything.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons
- Loss of Identity
- Talkative Loon
For your information, I am a spirit, not a demon.
- Ascended Extra: He was originally going to be little more than a recurring Mook who would possess Blitz, until the author pictured him and Credenza talking and it just went from there.
- Deuteragonist: More or less.
- Heel Face Turn
- Humanity Ensues
- The Lancer
- Perpetual Frowner: As stated by the Word of God, "Raven smiles very rarely, not that I havn't tried to make him smile. It's hard to draw him with that expression without it looking... un-Ravenlike."
- Sense Freak: After getting a physical body.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Sort of; when he is using Blitz's body, Blitz starts floating around his shoulder.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Although the "Evil" goes away pretty quickly.
- Winged Humanoid: Though the wings are magical, not physical. At first
Well, me and Riley are only half were-shark. Thankfully, we tend more toward the human side.
- Genius Bruiser: Particularly after he gains the "gift" of being able to transform into a full wereshark.
- Punny Name
- The Smart Guy: Particularly after the List names him Reader.
- Royal Blood: Although due to the prevalence of Fantastic Racism in their home city, neither he nor Riley holds any actual title.
Captain Adrian Snow
Bafore I went to sea I was trained in medical college. I'm a doctor. It's my job to heal the sick and tend to the wounded.
- Artificial Limbs: Made by Dragonfly, as a part of the mechanism to trap the Raven.
- Big Bad
- Deadly Doctor
- The Dragon: To the Great Raven, though he is the functional Big Bad of the story.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Implied by the last page of Snowflakes.
- The Dreaded
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He is somewhat protective of his nephew, at least compared to the rest of his crew. See also his wife/widow and daughter.
- Faux Affably Evil
- The Heavy
- Like a Badass Out of Hell
- Morally-Ambiguous Doctorate
- A Spot of Tea: His Trademark Favorite Drink.
- Torture Technician
You accepted the slavery of the Raven because you were scared of death. I accepted because I was afraid to go on living. In exchange for my faithful service, the Raven agreed to take away my fear and sadness. I no longer wanted my life, I had no reason to refuse.
- Anti-Villain: Arguably.
- The Dragon
- Emotionless Girl: Justified, in that her deal with the Raven was that she lost her emotions.
- Foil: Somewhat of one to Raven; by joining the Raven, she lost what he gained by leaving.
- Face Heel Turn: She was the former Reader of the Listing of Names.
- Love Makes You Evil
Oh man, what have I gotten myself into? I don't belong here! I design armor! I'm not a killer like my uncle!