Armored Core/Fanfic Recs
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth getting scrapped for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Armored Core fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Add new examples at the bottom of the section, please.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Recommended by Ace Flyheight
- Synoposis: The story of a powerful Raven team. Takes place in AC 3.
- Comments: A tale that currently includes two entire stories with a third in-progess as of the rec. Xardion has definitely taken some liberties with the story of Armored Core but he definitely adds a few unique twists to the games along with the focus on a team of Ravens instead of a single Raven like most AC stories do. YMMV on certain aspects later on, but overall, this is definitely a solid Armored Core story.
Armored Core: From The Ashes, Cooperative Fic (started by Zero Reaper)
- Recommended by: Zero Reaper
- Synopsis: Set shortly after the fall of the ORCA Brigade in Armored Core For Answer, this fic revolves around Mikhael Thermidor, known as 'Ghost' (Maximillian Thermidor's younger brother and a Villain Protagonist turned Up to Eleven) and Kruger Polus (an elite mercenary pilot) as they rebuild the ORCA Brigade and take on the League. However, things start getting interesting after Ghost shoots down a fully-populated Cradle early in the fic, turning Kruger against him. And when the rest of ORCA starts questioning his actions and it becomes clear that he has a plan far beyond what anyone anticipated, the fate of the human race itself comes into play...
- (Focuses on the team that is the newly-reformed ORCA - and, to a lesser extent, the League - as they engage in their battle for control of the world. Solid writing, and extremely good plot, although none of the writing has been edited yet, so there may be some bad spelling and plot holes at present, which will be removed when the fic is published. YMMV on a lot of the fanon, especially the Demon project.)