Army of Two/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ho Yay: Salem and Rios spend a lot of time together. To make it even more obvious, they only airdrop via tandem parachute. Sure, it may be so that one guy can shoot the Mooks on the ground, but there's got to be more to it, right? Needless to say, Zero Punctuation had a lot of fun with this. And let's not forget the minor details like body language, the way they talk to each other, and how there is absolutely no typical action-hero flirting with Mission Control. They bicker Like an Old Married Couple.
- Penny Arcade agrees with you.
- A developer in this video more or less says it wasn't intentional, but has no problem with the interpretation.
- Although to be fair to our bromantic muscleheads, some of their taunts do involve invoking the ladies back home to "lift their shirts" in appreciation. Plus, in the backstory comic Rios has a on again/off again relationship to a woman named Samantha, and has a daughter named Nala. Salem? He just targets anything with breasts in Miami.
- Who says both interpretations can't be true?
- In The 40th Day, despite Salem and Rios being generally more subdued, the Penny Arcade comic above becomes an understatement. The 'hug that is a little too long' takes the form of one wrapping their arms around the other and lifting him up, particularly amusing when Salem does it to Rios. Another positive emote is a blatant ass slap, and the game actually keeps track of your bromance with a label visible on the pause screen.
- Also worth noting that the max level of positive Camaraderie is called "Ambiguous".