Avatar: The Last Airbender/Recap/Book 1/10 Jet
"We can't win without making some sacrifices."
The gang is ambushed by a Fire Nation camp (or rather, they walk straight into it) but are saved by a young man named Jet and his band of rebel freedom fighters. Katara and Aang are immediately drawn to Jet's charismatic leadership. Sokka, however, is suspicious, partly because he distrusts his sister's affection for him, and because of his own jealousy. As they band together to help fight the Fire Nation, however, it begins to seem as though Jet truly isn't what he seems.
- Big Damn Heroes: No one's gonna believe Sokka about Jet? Fine, he'll save the villagers himself.
- Cassandra Truth: Sokka experiences this while trying to convince Katara and Aang that Jet isn't as good as he seems to be.
- Character Witness: The old man Sokka saves from Jet and the other Freedom Fighters.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Sokka
- Empathy Doll Shot: Subverted. When the town gets flooded, we're treated to a somber shot of a doll floating in the aftermath. Shortly after, the doll is picked up by its owner. Turns out the town was evacuated in the nick of time, and no one drowned.
- First Kiss: According to Avatar Extras, Katara gets hers from Jet.
- Non-Indicative Name: Pipsqueak is the largest of the Freedom Fighters.
- Silent Bob: Longshot.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Jet wants to defeat the Fire Nation army, and with good reason; however, he is willing to harm innocent civilians to get the job done.