Avatar: The Last Airbender/Recap/Book 3/10 The Day of Black Sun Part 1
"I already failed the world once at Ba Sing Se; I won't let myself fail again."
The day of the eclipse has arrived. The invasion party assembles, bringing back some old, familiar faces, and everyone prepares for the coming battle. Using submarines and tanks built by The Mechanist to infiltrate, the invasion is started: Aang heads to the capital to face Fire Lord Ozai, while the invasion force starts battling its way up the city docks and heads for the capital on foot, hoping to secure the defenses by the time the eclipse ends.
- Action Film, Quiet Drama Scene: Preparations for the invasion are interspersed with scenes of Zuko making his own preparations to leave.
- Brick Joke: The snack compartment in the glider.
- The Bus Came Back: Various characters that the kids had met on their travels return to help with the invasion: Teo and The Mechanist, The Boulder, the Swampbenders, etc.
- Disc One Final Episode
- Disorganized Outline Speech: Sokka's attempt at briefing everyone on the invasion plan.
- Gondor Calls for Aid
- Ice Cream Koan:
Huu: Pants are an illusion and so is death.
- Important Haircut: Before they leave for the invasion, Aang shaves off the hair that had been hiding his tattoo.
- Magitek: The submarines and the tanks are propelled by bending and steered mechanically.
- Now or Never Kiss: Aang, realizing he might not return, kisses Katara just before he leaves, effectively revealing his feelings to her.
- Rousing Speech: After Sokka fails miserably at this, his father takes over and shows everyone how it's done.
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Aang's Now or Never Kiss with Katara is also one of these.
- Your Mortal Enemy Is Not In His Big Scary Throne Room: Aang charges into the throne room ready for his Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny against the Big Bad Evil Overlord...and he's not there.