You can add to the current recommendations if you want; please do remember that you need to use the template found here and sign your rec for it to stay on the page. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Recreate My Soul by Emo Vampire Chic
- Recommended by LionDancer17
- Character(s): almost everyone
- Pairing(s): CanUkr, AmeBel, RusBel, and FrUk have so far been used.
- Synopsis: America is not all he makes himself out to be, in fact he has a dark secret, and when a mysterious women from his past starts turning up, he begins to change in to something none of the nations could have expected from this so called "hero".
Seven Little Killers by Lucky-Angel135, a joint account between luckystars135 and Fallen Angel Wings
- Recommended by Cheshire Grinne
- Character(s): everyone
- Synopsis: Nations are being murdered, and a group of mysterious masked killers is behind it. Their goal seems to be to plunge the world into chaos, but is it really? Who are these masked killers, and why are they really killing off nations?
- Tags: Slash, "explicit" violence, character death; in other words, a pretty Dark Fic
- ThatStalkerChick: I believe this fanfiction deserves its own page, so, low and behold, she made one.
Unsteady Ground by Ladylisse
- Recommended by Mipp
- Character(s): England, Oceania, India, special guest appearances by pretty much everyone remotely connected to the British Empire
- Synopsis: Crossover with George Orwell's 1984.
Half a Millenium by dreams.of.destiny
- Recommended by AkatsukiDaybreak
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Japan/China (it's mostly onesided), onesided Korea/China, England/China (not that China's very happy about it), onesided Russia/China, and a few hints of others
- Synopsis: Focuses mainly on the relationship between China and Japan from their first meeting up until as far as today (the author doesn't have a set plan yet, but expects it to get that far) as well as their relationships with the other Asian nations and the West.
- Tags: Slash, sex as explicit as ff.net will allow, rape, drug use, violence
1937, Guernica by 1848
- Recommended by Mipp
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Spain/Romano, Spain/Prussia, Spain/France, and alluded to Prussia/Russia
- Synopsis: Spain considers all the ways in which he is a liar, and in the process reveals some uncomfortable truths. A dark, expertly-written story with bite.
- Recommended by Peach_ Tea
- Character(s):: Mainly Canada and America but includes other nation-tans (Russia, England, France) and humans (that you need to read to see who they are).
- Tags: imagery of the Mengele twin experiments may be disturbing to some
- Synopsis: As the Soviet Red Army liberates Auschwitz-Birkenau (as World War Two draws to a close), Ivan discovers the brutality of the camps. As he looks through one of the buildings, he finds two familiar faces among the bodies.
In Memoriam by Anonymous
- Recommended by msq
- Character(s): America, England, France, Hungary, Prussia, Austria, Italy
- Pairing(s): some US/UK
- Synopsis: As the world plunged into chaos, the Nations vowed to find each other again in another life; among them was America and England. Centuries later in a bleak dieselpunk society, Alfred and Arthur find each other again in different circumstances. Unfortunately, the mysterious force that killed them the first time around may not be through with them yet...
A Gift of the Heart by SappyGemstone
- Recommended by sluggyfan
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Russia/Lithuania pairing; Every country part of the Soviet Union: Latvia; Estonia; Ukraine; Belarus; OCs: Georgia; Chechnya; The "Stans": Uzbek, Turkmen, Tajik, Kirghiz, Kazakh; Azerbaijan; Armenia; Afghanistan; Moldova
- Synopsis: A history of Imperial and Soviet Russia told from Lithuania's perspective. Follows history loosely, and doesn't shy away from Russia's poor treatment of his satellite states.
- Recommended by RNA
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Japan/China with background humans, including the Empress Wanrong and Emperor Hirohito, and the Axis Powers.
- Synopsis: In a world where the Axis Powers won World War Two, a tale of political intrigue and desire unfolds at Akasaka Palace. China is a beautiful caged bird, a war prize to Japan, his people under the black umbrella of Imperial rule.
- Tags: China in drag, sex, rape
- Recommended by Zefire.
- Character(s): So far Germany, England, and (North?) Korea are the most obvious, but Prussia, Denmark, and France also have a fair amount of screen time, Eventually, pretty much everyone.
- Synopsis: Twenty minutes into the future, the threat of Global Warming and the discovery of embodied nations has lead to National Engineering, an attempt to reduce the impact of climate change on various countries by experimenting on the nations that embody them. If that means locking them up like lab rats, so be it. Some nations have evaded capture through various means. Some have even forgotten who they are.
Creepy World Domination by uro-boros.
- Recommended by Rain Krystal
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): A Russia//America//Canada threesome, with mentions to Germany, France and England.
- Synopsis: America, Canada, and Russia take over the world. With love.
Just Another Brick in the Wall by FroggyFran.
- Recommended by Amethystasheryn
- Character(s): Russia, Prussia, Germany, Italy; appearances by the Baltic nations
- Pairings: Russia/Prussia, Germany/Italy
- Synopsis: "It's funny, how one might define what punishment is." 1961-1989. Prussia is stuck in Russia's house after the erection of the Berlin Wall, chafing at his captivity and separation from his brother. Russia has a hidden agenda for keeping him there: He wants a child of his own. Prussia isn't sure he wants to refuse. Note: I didn't put this in the "shipping fics" section because while the relationship between Prussia and Russia is the focus, there is a lot more going on than that, with all the characters.
- Tags: MPreg, sex, violence
- Reccommended by Nani
- Character(s): America, Canada, Norway, Ivan, England (mentioned), Denmark. Human names are used.
- Synopsis: Alfred's guardian goes missing in the woods, so he goes after him. On the way, he meets a man named Ivan and tells him where he's headed. Little does he know that Ivan is a bzou, which is pretty much a werewolf. Basically, it's Little Red Riding Hood, with a dark twist.
- Recommended by Msq
- Character(s): Just about everyone, including a number of OCs
- Pairing(s): Mainly America/Russia, America/Belarus and Canada/Ukraine, with a number of others.
- Tags: Sex, lots of violence
- Synopsis: America struggles to find solace after civilization crumbles in a post-apocalyptic world. Yet despite the horrors, he is not alone.
- Recommended by incomprehensiblesparks
- Character(s): South Italy/Romano, Spain, Antonio(Alternate!Spain) North Italy and England along with quite a few others.
- Pairing(s): Spain/Romano, Germany/North Italy, Antonio/Lovino, Antonio/Romano, Ludwig/Feliciano.
- Synopsis: Spain is marked for reconstruction following a World War 3 scenario. Romano, already devastated by his 'death', is transported to an Alternate Universe where another man, Antonio, who is identical to the dissolved country, mistakes him for a long lost love.
- Tags: Mind Screw, death, angst. Your mileage will definitely vary with regards to whether the characters recieved a happy ending.
- Recommended by ArlaGrey
- Character(s): England, America, Liechenstein, Japan, Germany, China, Canada... more by the chapter.
- Synopsis: All but seventeen nations have disappeared without a trace. Many years later, America meets a blind waiter called Arthur Kirkland, who has no memory beyond the past year of his life. As more amnesiac nations are discovered, what happened to them starts to come to light.
- Tags: Character deaths.
Sold, to the Highest Bidder by Anon
- Recommended by DontQuestionIt
- Character(s): England, Prussia, America, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, Belgium, Hungary, Ukraine, Liechenstein, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Norway, Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Rome, Greece, Turkey, Cuba, and more to come....
- Pairing(s): Mostly rarepairs (besides fleeting glimpses of USUK and Franada), two of which are Ukraine/Liechtenstein and eventual Russia/Estonia. The rest are a surprise.
- Synopsis: Sci-fi/steampunky AU (minor elements of both, probably more sci-fi than steampunk), where sexual slavery is legal. Nobody's really moral or immoral in this here space opera: England's a pirate stealing freefolk to sell them; the Nordics are gentleman thieves working to free them; Turkey and Greece are Federal Agents hot on both trails. France, Spain, the Italies, and Rome are slave bondsperson trainers of varying ethics; Hungary's the legislative power who somehow has to keep them in line. The Slavics are high-society slave-owners struggling to maintain a nascent empire; the Baltics (plus Poland) are revolutionaries struggling to try and bring it down. Plus, all your favorite sci-fi tropes: screwy alien biology! Multiple habitable worlds in the same solar system! Not explaining ever how their space travel works! Everyone's POV eventually.
- Tags: General creepy and off-screen non-con, because sex slave AU
- Sold to the Highest Bidder now has its own page.
- Recommended by DontQuestionIt
- Character(s): Canada and America mainly, with several appearances by England, France, the Italies, Germany, Prussia, Japan, China, Russia, Ukraine, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria and Korea
- Synopsis: A spin-off from the infamous Hetalia Kink Meme Fill known as the Financial Crisis Gangbang where the perpetrators mistake Canada for America at the worst possible time, and the aftermath that follows.
- Tags: Implied rape, character death
What Has Been Lost by Like Ebony and Ivory
- Recommended by SmokeAndBone
- Character(s): England, America, Greece, fem!Japan, more to come
- Pairing(s): USUK and Giripan at the moment, according to the author it will also feature PruCan, GerIta, Spamano, AusHun, possibly RoChu
- Synopsis: England made an unrevealed wish and now America and Japan are dead (lost).
- Recommended by LuciaMalpense
- Character(s): Canada
- Synopsis: An interesting take on what happens when Nations take a mortal wound. One-shot, completed.