Babylon 5/Recap/S05/E22 Sleeping in Light
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Interstellar Alliance, based on the homeworld of the Minbari Federation, was founded in the Earth year 2261, shortly after the end of the Shadow War, twenty years ago. Twenty years of history. Those of us who have survived have seen it all. And those of us who understand, have been waiting, and dreading, the arrival of this day...
This episode contains examples of:
- Call Back: Sheridan begins with dreams of Lorien's prediction.
- Creator Cameo: The maintenance worker who appears at the end, looks around the station one last time before shutting it down is J. Michael Straczynski.
- Cue the Sun:
- Sheridan gets up to watch the sunrise because he never has before. After his death, Delenn gets up to watch it every morning after.
- Also combines with Disappears Into Light when Lorien comes to visit Sheridan.
Sheridan: Well, look at that. The sun's coming up.
- Fisher King: Babylon 5 is dying just as surely as Sheridan is.
- Ghost Ship: Sheridan's ship is found abandoned and sealed from the inside, but his body is nowhere to be found.
- Living on Borrowed Time: Sheridan's is almost up.
- Never Found the Body: Sheridan's body was never found, leading some Minbari to believe he will return again, someday.
- To Absent Friends: Londo, G'Kar, Marcus, and Lennier.