Batman: The Brave and the Bold/Tear Jerker
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Want to know how to make the deaths of Bruce's parents even more depressing? They were gunned down on Christmas in this continuity, after Bruce threw a tantrum over getting a family heirloom of his dad's rather than the Zorro figure he wanted; just knowing he was unwittingly ruining his last ever Christmas with his parents would be tear jerker enough, but the second flashback reveals that the Waynes only went to the movies that night because they were trying to cheer Bruce up about the gift.
- And in "Chill of the Night!" Batman gets sent back in time to meet his parents before they died. He gives Martha the biggest hug ever...
- Red Tornado makes the Tornado Champion to function as a son. The Tornado Champion becomes the Tornado Tyrant after his hatred of humanity reaches its peak, and Red Tornado is forced to kill his robotic son. Even Red Tornado is saddened by this, and he has no apparent emotion.
- B'wana Beast's Heroic Sacrifice. You can't watch it and not shed a tear.
- Vixen's quiet grief at the funeral is even worse.
- The death of the Doom Patrol. The crowd chanting 'We're all the Doom Patrol' afterwards also counts as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- The ending of "Mitefall". It is both a Heartwarming Moments and a Tear Jerker at the same time. Goodnight...