Batman Gambit/Animated Films
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Aladdin pulls off a successful gambit against Genie, showing that he was clever enough to not get overwhelmed by the Genie's antics. By challenging Genie's "phenomenal cosmic power," Aladdin was able to escape the Cave of Wonders without using up one of his precious few wishes.
- Aladdin pulls this off again in the finale, where he tricks the power-mad Jafar into using his final wish to become "an all-powerful genie." Jafar not only gets his "phenomenal cosmic power," but also the "itty-bitty living space" that goes with it: he is imprisoned in his very own lamp.
- At the end of A Bugs Life, Flik pulls one off on Hopper by claiming that the real bird they just saw was "another one of [his] little bird tricks". Hopper falls for it and promptly gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter in one of the most Karmic Death Disney Villain Deaths EVER as Flik and Atta watch from a safe distance.
- In The Lion King, Scar pulls a fairly sadistic one on Mufasa when he puts Simba in danger. It ends up getting Mufasa killed.
- Nocturna's Moka spends the whole movie working on one. Aside from his insatiable coffee habit, literally every action he takes, down to the last breath, is calculated to put Tim in a situation where his only option is to overcome his fear of the dark, which will save the night from certain doom.
- In the Animated film, Dantes Inferno. Lucifer uses Dante's wife as bait, in order to trick him into freeing him from his spiritual prison in hell.
- In The Hunchback of Notre Dame Frollo tells Quasimodo that he has troops ready to capture Esmeralda at the Court of Miracles. Quasimodo and Phoebus go to warn her first. Frollo is there as well; he didn't know where the court was but knew they would lead him to it.
- Back to Batman Gambit