Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice is a 2016 superhero film set in the DC Extended Universe, directed by Zack Snyder. It featured Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth and Amy Adams as Lois Lane. The film made nearly a billion dollars at the box office but got mixed reviews. Many loved Affleck's performance as Batman but they didn't like the incoherent plot. The "Ultimate Edition" released on home video reinserted 30 minutes onto the film and gained a better reception. It was followed by Justice League and its director's cut Zack Snyder's Justice League.
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
- Big Bad: Lex Luthor.
- The Cameo: The additional Justice League members, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg appear in files found by Bruce Wayne.
- Darker and Edgier: It has the dark tone that Man of Steel was known for.
- Mythology Gag: While the Batmobile was getting set up, a Riddler question mark can be seen by a pillar.
- Recut: It had an "Ultimate Edition" with 30 minutes of footage reintegrated to the film.
- Sequel Hook: By the end, Lex Luthor warns Batman of Steppenwolf's invasion.
- Wham! Line: "Save Martha!"
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.