Battle Royale/Fanfic Recs
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Battle Royale fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Page Reconfiguration in Progress: Fan Fic Recommendations is being split into pages for each individual series, so help is needed to classify each entry into the appropiate category, and to format it according to the template.
General Fics[edit | hide]
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Final Intimacies by Riter 544
- Recommended by Future, Animenutcase,
- Synopsis: Each chapter follows each student in Class 3B during their last moments in life. Even more in-depth than Battle Royale itself, this fic shows their thoughts and last wishes. Based closely on the manga.
72 Hours by Anthony Marston (Lots of violence, obviously.)
- Recommended by Solitair
- Synopsis: Battle Royale with an all new, all-American cast, set in a world where America and Europe are dictatorships just like Greater East Asia. The rules are the same as the original, except with less emphasis on danger zones, exploding belts instead of collars (which the story eventually admits isn't the best idea) and a three day deadline (hence the title).
The United States Raising Hand Program by The Wax Factory
- Recommended by Toxic Granola
- Synopsis: A diverse class from Spanish Rivers, Oklahoma has been abducted and thrown into the game, authorized by the fascist government of the United States. Friendships will end whilst strange new alliances are formed, each student unveils a strong urge to survive, some hoping to escape or avoid conflict, whereas others use a more sadistic approach.
Heads is Heads by Technomad
- Recommended by Eoppen
- Synopsis: Kazuo's coin-toss comes down differently...and he chooses to resist the Program, and save as many of his classmates as he can.
Did I Hear You Say This Was Victory? by Technomad
- Recommended by Eoppen
- Synopsis: * Comments: This story is pretty clearly manga-based; it draws very heavily on the short sequence in the manga showing Shogo Kawada's return home. The name and sex of the narrator are not given, nor is the name of the town the narrator came from. Quotes from the Blue Oyster Cult song Veteran of the Psychic Wars are interspersed with the narration.
Azumanga Royale by DB Sommer