Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Acclaimed Flop: Despite the fact that it was widely considered to be the better version of the game, the Xbox 360 version didn't sell very well. The Play Station 3 version did better despite being criticized for being the weaker version. The even better Wii U port sold even less because it was on the Wii U.
- DVD Commentary: Hideki Kamiya's Let's Play, which is posted bi-weekly on the Platinum Games site.
- Fan Nickname:
- The names of the Cardinal Virtues are rather cumbersome, so some fans have taken to using the nicknames Forty, Tempo, Iusty and Sapo, or variations on them.
- Bayonetta herself is commonly referred to as Bayo, or Netta.
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Name's the Same:
- Angel Attack? The mini-game or the song from Neon Genesis Evangelion? Interestingly enough, a few people have notice the standard angel mooks bear a suspicious similarity to the Production Evas in Evangelion, whose game adaptations were handled by SEGA...
- On another note, Bayonetta makes use of the song "Fly Me To The Moon" in numerous epic combat sequences. The same song was covered over and over again for Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- No Export for You: Not the game itself, at least for most territories, but the INCREDIBLE strategy guide by Future Games. High quality, hardcover, 420 pages... and due to a North American exclusivity deal with Brady Games, illegal for the company to sell to Americans or Canadians. Brady Games later declined to make a guide themselves due to not being able to complete their own guide by the time of the game's release, but the exclusivity deal still holds, meaning that the only way North Americans can get their hands on it is either by importing it  or buying it on Ebay .
- Real Song Theme Tune: A remixed version of "Fly Me to the Moon", originally sung by Kaye Ballard.
- Rule 34/Creator Reactions: Hideki Kamiya has complained about this, not because of the erotic send-ups being made in general, but because of Bayonetta being depicted as a submissive woman in them, which is completely Out of Character. As a response, more art released later on has her as the dominant one.
- What Could Have Been:
- The Wiki Rule: Bayonetta Wiki
- Expensive, and at the moment not an option due to it being sold out through most retailers, the one retailer that still carries it won't ship to North America.
- Ridiculously expensive.