Beast Wars Neo
Beast Wars NEO is a Japanese Transformers spinoff from 1999 - 2000, made to bridge the gap between the first and second seasons of Beast Wars. Its a sequel series to Beast Wars II-- the updated story starts with the battle between Maximal and Predacon factions for possession of an energy source called Angolmois. The lone Big Convoy is assigned the task of being teacher to a group of young recruits against Magmatron's group. By the end of the series, however, both forces unite to oppose the wrath of the dark god Unicron.
- Camp Gay: Dead End has touches of it
- Detachment Combat: Magmatron can break into 3 distinct forms when going beast-mode, a Giganotosaurus, Elasmosaurus and a Quetzalcoatlus.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Every Predicaon, save a few, are dinosaurs.
- Land, Sea, Sky: Magmatron has his units Landsaur, Skysaur and Seasaur.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The Blendatrons/Fuzors are painfully aware of this being chimeras of a sort:
- Rartorarta, a lionfish/hornet hybrid
- Elephorca an elephant/orca hybrid
- Drancron a dragonfly/lizard hybrid
- No Woman's Land: There are no female characters in this series, not even side characters, and with all the fighting really neither Arcee or Blackarachnia would BOTHER showing up.
- Improbable Weapon User / Bifurcated Weapon / Wave Motion Gun: Break with his Anchor-Shot (shoots little anchors), Cohrada with Hand Vute (vacuum shockwave), Mach Kick with Tail Tomahawk (ax/whip hybrid), and Longrack who, as a giraffe, is the strongest member with his Crush Arm attack (super strength).
- Palette Swap: Most of the later Maximals and Predacons are actually redecos of some American toys.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Rartorata has a name that, up until 2007, could not be made to make sense no matter how it was spelled.