Beavis and Butt-Head/Fridge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I always thought of Beavis and Butthead as being the more hopelessly idiotic of the two, and Butthead's mental inferior in every way (which is saying something). After the show was canceled, though, it occurred to me that Beavis had always been more 'people smart'. He was a pretty nice guy most of the time, and often seemed close to getting some pity sex before Butthead ruined it by being a Jerkass. -User:Ryan W
- This is sort of touched upon in the Christmas Special, Beavis hangs out with Stewart in Butthead's absence, and is seen at a soup kitchen helping out. Butthead calls him a fart knocker, which Beavis finds amusing and repeats; Beavis isn't a jerk like Butthead, he's just a really impressionable idiot.
- I think two scenes in The Movie establish that Butthead is slightly more intelligent, but Beavis has a shade more common sense. When they try to read their own names, Butthead is the one who gets it right, although misses the connection to themselves. When they decide to get out of Buddy Grimes' car in the middle of the highway, it's Beavis who makes the observation that "that road is moving pretty fast", while Butthead just calls him a wuss.
- The new episodes have Beavis and Butthead watching MTV reality show dreck like Jersey Shore, and commenting on it more MST-style than the kind of meandering they used to get up to. Why? Because they haven't left the couch or changed the channel. They've been doing the same thing they were doing since they were on the air in the '90s, we just weren't watching.
- "Young, Gifted, and Crude:" Beavis and Butthead accidentally unplug wires attached to a computer prodigy's brain-enhancing project, literally frying his brain and reducing his intelligence to the duo's. Some of the consequences of this are shown when the prodigy is demoted from the gifted class to general education, where he is greeted by a mob of jealous students; the real horror, however, comes when one realizes that the duo ruined his life by stripping him of his gift.
- At the end of "Holy Cornholio" Stewart steals Beavis and Butt-Head's chance to score with a bunch of hot women. It becomes less funny when you realise he's essentially raping a group of delusional women who don't know what they're really consenting to.
- What about the fact that the cult is willing to have sex with minors?
- Well just think about the fact that the group's leader was an old man and has probably been doing the same charade for decades. But intentional.