Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Beetlejuice fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Page Reconfiguration in Progress: Fan Fic Recommendations is being split into pages for each individual series, so help is needed to classify each entry into the appropriate category, and to format it according to the template.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Bridge Over the River Winter by NeitherSparky
- Recommended by Lurkerbunny
- Pairing(s): Slight Beetlejuice/Lydia, so be warned
- Synopsis: This fanfic bridges (pun intended) the gap between the movie and the cartoon, putting them in the same continuity.
- Comments: And dammit, it works.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Anonymous Apathy
- Pairing(s): Beetlejuice/Lydia, morphs into something like Lydia/OC (its complicated)
- The Man Who Sold The World: Lydia is all alone on Halloween night, and Betelgeuse is finally back in the land of the unliving after three years' punishment for his misdeeds.
- Dialectics: In which pasts are remembered, secrets are revealed, and everything generally goes to hell. Death doesn't fix anything, it just changes the scenery.
- Comments: A continuation of the movie. Both Betelgeuse (one of the few fics - even in the movieverse - to spell his name correctly) and Lydia are completely in character, and develop in a a realistic way. Even when things start to turn in an Out of Character direction, it is Justified because it fits within the fic's continuity. The fic is an exploration of both Betelgeuse's and Lydia's characters, as well as Betelgeuse's past. While the ending was... mostly satisfying, it's still rather Bittersweet.
Alive Without Breath by penniless1
- Recommended by Gryphon Fledgling
- Pairing(s): Betelgeuse/Lydia, Tarrant/Alice, Hamish (Death)/The White Queen (Life) (trust me, it works somehow)
- Synopsis: With Death's guidance, the Mad Hatter, Tarrant Hightopp, will wait forever for The Alice to return to Underland; though Time stand still and teapots turn to dust! They might get some extra help though, from the world's foremost bio-exorcist - Betelgeuse!
- Back to Beetlejuice (film)