Bittersweet Candy Bowl/Tear Jerker
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Probably the only webcomic that will make you cry for good reasons.
- Anytime Lucy loses Mike, she has a heartrending emotional breakdown. It really shows just how attached she's become to him over the years. However, the single saddest moment happens in Chapter 51 "A Distance Apart" when Lucy finally admits her love for him, and he rejects her.
- There have been other tearjerkers besides the one above. How about some of Daisy's Corrupt the Cutie moments during the Awakening arc? In Rising Temperature, being humiliated by Katie and two in this page? Mike feels guilty for ignoring Daisy and Daisy is all alone, even though she does have her friends.
- Pillow Talk has some more tearjerkers for you. Though, YMMV on them.
- In the "December" arc, Mike finally tears into Lucy over everything she's done to him, culminating in him declaring his undying hatred for her. The worst part, he then reveals he never saw her as a friend.
- He then proceeds to take it WAY too far, especially considering that Lucy's behavior has improved, and his unnecessarily cruel words to her leave the reader with a strong desire to punch him in the face. Even a constant victim of abuse for so long like himself isn't supposed to break her to the point where she's physically ill. Poor Lucy...
- "At Loose Ends" show more of Abbey's Dark and Troubled Past, specifically, his final straw with his father, how he became a woman-protector, and his mother's death. All in the middle of the fucking Christmas season.