Blind Idiot Translation/Fan Works
Jump to navigation Jump to search
With the novel of all (Fan Fiction)
"Woodpeckers of globes of a flat place, I order you to die."
- Many writers of anime fanfic are not fluent in Japanese. That does not stop them from using Japanese in ways that are jarringly wrong, particularly with respect to politeness levels and ways of addressing people.
- The fandom of Axis Powers Hetalia sometimes suffers from this in a very special way. Being that the main characters are all anthropomorphized representations of various world countries. It's is possible to find horribly mangled Japanese, French, German, Russian, or any other language in a single fic or even a single chapter. It can be quite... painful.
- On the topic of Axis Powers Hetalia, this is really the only explanation for the entirety of One night of the drop of rain.
- There exists a Pokémon fanfic which the author attempted to translate, despite only having three years of French under his belt. The results were catastrophic.
- Hans Von Hozel's stories are like this.
- The now sadly lost Star Wars fic Murder of Image was full of these, which added to its So Bad It's Good appeal. Sample dialogue: "Out of here, you son-of-a-gun! In the Republic exist privacy, isn't it?"
- The now infamous Beast Wars fanic "Dinobots Old Technology," translated from the writers native French-Canadian to English via some mid-90s googlefish with no corrections made otherwise. And even better it's written in script form, rewriting an episode (one of the best of the series) for no apparent reason. Rattrap: huh, maybe chopper face have changer his activation code again.
- Possible explanation for at least some of what was wrong with legolas by laura. "Mean while Gandalf is have a fun time trying to destroy the Dark Lord"?