Blind Idiot Translation/Web Comics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Network of Lachhaftes (Web Comics)
- Parodied in episode 119 of Not Quite Daily Comic, complete with Bilingual Bonus in (broken) Chinese and explicit use of "Do not want."
- Displayed in this Rock Paper Cynic comic, based on the 'online translator' example below.
- Made fun of in The Perry Bible Fellowship. The Schlorbians' English really "socks."
- Whispy from Asperchu talks entirely in Blind Idiot Translated Spanish. Possibly deliberate, as Whispy is described as "slow in the minds" when he is first introduced.
- In one Ghastly's Ghastly Comic strip Japanese company Goodbye Pussy discovered that they English translation "was not adequately elegant" and thus their product was released with "Warranty assurance three years. Not for children" translated into "Not recommended for 3 years and under". The kicker is that the product was a BIG dildo. Hey, it's Ghastly's, after all.
- Done in-universe in Sinfest when sexy Monique finds a Scandinavian fansite dedicated to her and lets a website translate: "'Nique has owning for universal buttocks. Her today please to scandal buckets of infinite pony. Real jubilate to freshness!"
- Juan Valdés in Captain SNES speaks in computer-translated Spanish, as the author outright admits he doesn't know Spanish. That works for short comments, but any decent sentence sounds awkward.
- What's New with Phil and Dixie in their 'Magic' cards period explored the possibilities of trading card game translation.
- The Noob has new software purchased by the boss, and thank you for choosing the Taj Mahal Curry House.