Brawl in the Family/Funny
- The Waluigi comics can be seen as this. WAA [dead link]
- EXPECTING SOMETHING FUNNY? TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!
- Heck, the entire Mushroom Kingdom Carol arc is one big CMOF for people familiar with the works involved (Mario, A Christmas Carol, and even Brawl in the Family itself), even with the serious moments that come with the territory. Especially Wario in Part 2. For example:
Wario: "Alright, so here's the scoop: after I kicked the bucket and you gained full control of the coin bank... you've become greedy, bitter and selfish! Well done!
- And this one:
Mario: Wait, Wario... what was-a death like?
- The visual reference to Mama Luigi in Part 5.
- The Mario VS Bowser Jr. showdown in part 7.
Jr.: (as Mario blasts him with F.L.U.D.D., while they run through the castle corridors) "YEARS OF THERAPY, WASTED!"
- Also, when Bowser Jr. is beaten, original SMB style:
WHO DESIGNED THIS CASTLE???
- The ending. "God bless us, every WAAAAA!"
- During the rescue, the Yoshis crash into King Dedede, who's going through the process of stealing Christmas, complete with oh-so-familiar lyrics sung offscreen.
- The only game you deserve is on the... PHILIPS CD-I!
- FALCON BLUFF!
- Ganondorf as Boomhauer.
- Gooey Bomb, Part Three.
- HELLO THERE, MR. PLANET! WOULD YOU LIKE SOME MORE SUN?
- The Gonk-ified version of Weezing seen in "Lickitung has it rough". The cherry on top, though, is the comic's description, which is merely "That's the ugliest Weezing I've ever drawn."
- I can make MARIO fight SONIC!
- Strip 277: Another reason why smoking can be bad for your health.
- The part in The Captive Princess where Peach uses the Fire Flower.
- MANLY PIKACHU
- Kingsonnn Dededoo. That is all.
- You're not fooling anyone, Wario.
- This newly evolved Dodrio's two original heads deadpan reaction to it's third head is priceless. Also, there's something amusing about the Doduo/Dodrio having a British accent.
- A rare exception to Matthew's "Nintendo only" rule was Dr. Wily's Blueprints. And it was hysterical.
- Dedede's realistic dad.
- The Bug Trainer's Magneton which is really three Magnemite.
- TO THE MOP RIDER! Both a Shout-Out to Batman and Mach Rider.
- Also, when Pinky and Eario discover that the bell has been sabotaged, Eario's response is to... clean the small stain that was left on the control panel.
- Big spoiler here: At the end of the Cocoon Acedemy series, we find that seriously, this is a big one.
- Philips' Box. Just Philips' Box.
- Totally makes up for the lackluster forum joke this year.
- For an earlier one, Matthew's theory on why Mega Man wasn't in Brawl, despite being a heavily requested character.
- it's ok. you'll get them next time. Poochy ain't stupid, indeed.
- Coach Captain Falcon. That is all.
- This. Falcon... LUNCH!!.
- Freakin' FINALLY. (The Alt Text reads: How did he get in there in the first place? Did they just build a wall around him?)
- All of the Sun's Song three-parter. Especially Navi's reactions.
- Photo Booth. Kirby's puts in money in the photo booth...and takes pictures with his own camera. The ALT text states he did this with the phone booth too.
- "Objection!" "Ook!"
- I dare you not to laugh at the King's flowchart.
King Dedede: Idiot.
- Well, that was just mean. (Alt Text: Later, a Fry Guy in Lethal Lava Land attempted pretty much the same prank.)
- Orbit. Sweet Cosmos riding a Wheelie while wearing a blue wedding gown, just... Orbit.
- Heck, EVERYTHING Captain Falcon does here counts. Especially "FALCON SNEAK!" Dear GOD, Falcon Sneak.
- The Nintendo heroes try to play Pushmo.
- ↑ Pinky was actually Meta Knight before Dark Matter turned him blue... and he told his story to Adeleine during a game of Truth or Dare.