Butt Ugly Martians
Butt Ugly Martians was a rather short-lived CGI cartoon that ran on Nickelodeon between 2002 and 2003. It focused on three butt-ugly Martians named B-Bop a Luna, 2T Fru-T and Do Wah Diddy who were reluctantly sent as scouts to the planet Earth under the commander of their ruler, the Emperor Bog, to make it suitable for conquest. However, they take a liking to Earth and its culture and instead pretend they enslaved it by sending fake progress reports to their boss. Bog starts to get suspicious of the reports, sending in forces to check out on how the trip is progressing, forcing the aliens to defend themselves and their newfound home when the time comes.
- Absolute Xenophobe: Dr. Brady Hacksaw (who takes delight in dissecting anything that isn't human), as opposed to the more-tolerant Muldoon (who just wants to prove that aliens exist, and readily accepts that the Martians are friendly when presented with proof).
- Acting for Two: A necessity with such a small voice cast, although perhaps the best example is that Emperor Bog & Dr. Damage were both played by S. Scott Bullock.
- Aliens Speaking English: Emperor Bog noted once to a captured Mike that "We Martians speak many languages."
- All CGI Cartoon
- The Dragon: The more competent Dr. Damage, to the lazy and whiny Emperor Bog.
- The Goggles Do Nothing: Mike.
- The Reptilians: Lt. Penkan of the never-named-in-print Zwarat.
- The Resolution Will Not Be Televised
- Space Jews/Unfortunate Implications: Rinko the gambler alien.
- The Starscream: Dr. Damage to Emperor Bog, he even takes over for an episode by attempting to kill him.
- Theme Naming: All friendly-to-Earth Martians were named after 1950s songs, including occasional love interest Shaboom-Shaboom.