Call of Duty/Characters
This page is very much a work in progress, contributions are welcomed.
- 1 Call of Duty Classic
- 2 Call of Duty 2
- 3 Call of Duty 3
- 4 World at War / Black Ops
- 4.1 Private Miller
- 4.2 Corporal / Sergeant Roebuck
- 4.3 Sergeant Sullivan
- 4.4 Private Dimitri Petrenko
- 4.5 Sergeant Viktor Reznov
- 4.6 Captain Alex Mason
- 4.7 Sergeant Frank Woods
- 4.8 Chief Petty Officer Joseph Bowman
- 4.9 Special Agent Jason Hudson
- 4.10 Special Agent Grigori Weaver
- 4.11 Dr Daniel Clarke
- 4.12 Major General Nikita Dragovich
- 4.13 Colonel Lev Kravchenko
- 4.14 Dr Friedrich Steiner
Call of Duty Classic
Sergent Alexei Ivanovich Voronin
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Corporal Duncan Keith
World at War / Black Ops
Corporal / Sergeant Roebuck
Private Dimitri Petrenko
A Soviet solder fighting in the Eastern Front against Nazi Germany. The player character of the Soviet campaign in the game.
- Back for the Dead: In Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Killed along with Reznov's new squad in Black Ops when Dragovich unleashes Nova 6 on them, causing their bodies to pretty much fall apart... as a test of the gas.
- Heroic Mime: Until Black Ops.
- Made of Iron: He cheats death, like, five times over the course of one game. This is actually acknowledged by Sergeant Reznov.
- Player Character
Sergeant Viktor Reznov
A sergeant of the Red Army, seems to be the leader of Petrenko's group.
- Anti-Hero: Type IV, brushing with a Type V judging by his penchant for killing surrendering Germans and, in Black Ops reverse-engineering his friend to put him on a slow-acting vicarious Roaring Rampage of Revenge
- Axe Crazy
- Berserk Button: Hurt Dimitri, and Reznov will slice you up. Or brainwash someone into slicing you up.
- Blood Knight
- Cold Sniper: Used to be this until his hand was wounded.
- Dead All Along: possibly in Black Ops, since most of his appearances are hallucinations in Mason's mind, but again, his death is never confirmed.
- Determinator: He brainwashes Alex Mason into killing the guys that murdered Dimitri.
- Large Ham
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong
- My Name Is Inigo Montoya/ Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: MY NAME IS VIKTOR! REZNOV! AND I! WILL! HAVE! MY! REVENGE!
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: in Black Ops
- Sociopathic Hero: He really likes killing Germans and encourages the player character to kill helpless, surrendering German soldiers.
- Unwitting Pawn: to Dragovich and almost got killed by NOVA 6 like Petrenko if not for the SAS interference.
- Weapon of Choice: His knife. He doesn't use it often, probably because everyone else is shooting, but it's pretty memorable when he does.
Captain Alex Mason
- Brainwashed and Crazy: at least a little subverted by Reznov by making him do something else entirely
- Ink Suit Actor: He bears a striking resemblance to his actor Sam Worthington.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: killing Steiner
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Did this to Dragovich in the final mission.
- One-Man Army: In Rebirth since 'Reznov' there was actually a hallucination, he effectively thrashed the whole facility himself
- Player Character: most of the time in Black Ops.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: especially in Payback
- Unreliable Narrator
Sergeant Frank Woods
- Atomic F-Bomb: in the beginning of Payback when forced to play Russian Roulette.
- Badass Beard
- Never Found the Body: Furthermore, a secret file in the game outright says that he's still alive and is being held in the infamous Viet Cong prison Hanoi Hilton. He is shown as an old man in a recent Black Ops 2 trailer, so this information is true, regardless of the Mind Screw of most of the first Black Ops.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: in Payback.
- Taking You with Me: to Kravchenko. Woods lives.
- Sergeant Rock
Chief Petty Officer Joseph Bowman
Special Agent Jason Hudson
- Badass Bookworm: Has a double major in Psychology and Political Science, a genius level IQ, and is a brilliant tactician. He also deduces that Reznov's not real just by reading Mason's combat reports. He also frees Mason and lets himself get knocked out so he can follow him around and see what he does in the hope that it will trigger something. It does.
- Big Damn Heroes: He saves Mason from being executed by Dragovich by shooting the latter in the shoulder.
- Cool Shades
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Did this to Mason prior to the final mission, knocking him out with a punch to the face.
- Glasses Pull: Before "Payback".
- Good Is Not Nice: When Mason doesn't give him and Weaver satisfactory replies in the opening cutscene, Hudson shocks him. About three times.
- Jerkass: He starts off as this, but turns into a Jerk with a Heart of Gold in the second to last level.
- Player Character: for some missions.
- Unseen Audience: He is one of the two guys interrogating Mason for most the game.
Special Agent Grigori Weaver
- Eyepatch of Power
- Eye Scream: done by Kravchenko, which results in him wearing an eyepatch for the rest of the game.
- Russian Guy Suffers Most: Closely averted, at least he survived after getting captured by Kravchenko
- Token Minority
- Unseen Audience: He is one of the two interrogators for Mason in most of the game.
Dr Daniel Clarke
- Boom! Headshot!: His death.
- Crazy Prepared: His safe house is filled with guns, along with other safeguards in case he needs to escape.
- His Name Is--
Dr. Clarke: The numbers! They're the key to--!