Dempsey is lying about his Medal of Honor.
- It's stated that in his dramatic escape from the Japanese, he killed them with his Medal. Where did he get it from? They don't exactly pass them out at fundraisers, but Dempsey's heroic act earning him the Medal is never mentioned? I would think something like that would be pretty notable.
Richtofen has been Obfuscating Stupidity the whole time.
- In the messages people find by exploring the maps (usually by making crawlers to explore), we hear of a man named Edward that sounds like Richotfen talking about some of the mode's plot. Edward is a man who killed his fellow scientist and daughter during an experiment that created the Hellhounds. Richtofen knows about the use of the teleporters and Wonderwaffe which caused many players who heard his voice as Edward to assume that they are the same person. Prior to Black Ops' release Treyarch confirmed the 'Richtofen is Edward' connection.
- Richtofen is the True Big Bad
All the characters are, in fact, in Purgatory.
- How else would a US Marine, a Japanese Captain, a Russian Soldier and a Nazi German Mad Doctor end up in a Massive German Laboratory/Factory months after the end of the war?
- Tank Dempsey - Died on Peleliu, the story about gnawing his way out of the bamboo cage and killing his captors with a pin and his Medal of Honor are obviously a false, over the top story made up by the Marine to explain how he is still alive, in a way suitable to his belief that he is ultracompetant. He is being punished for his ego and thinking of the Japanese as less than human.
- Nikolai Belinski - Died on the Eastern Front after killing his fifth wife. Was likely killed with a flamethrower, as he states upon setting a zombie on fire "I was on fire once, it was no fun.". Obviously being punushed for killing his wives.
- Captain Takeo Masaki - Died in the Pacific. Punished for his cavalier philosophy toward life.
- Doctor Edward Richtofen - (I'll figure out how he died later, Any ideas?. Punished for all the deaths he has been responsible for.)
- Perhaps he died in a bombing or was killed by one of his underlings or maybe by a Russian soldier.
- I would guess by one of his many "experiments" who was Not Quite Dead.
- If that's the case, if all the Zombies drop power-ups to aid in their survival, could that mean Samantha (the demonic announcer) is actually HELPING them?!
- Jossed on the MOON
Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and Edward die in Kino der Toten.
- The are overrun by Zombies, and the zombies go on ahead to move out onto the world. The teleporter somehow f**ked up again, didn't kill all the zombies and sent them straight to the Pentagon...which is "Five".
- Jossed by Ascension.
The Pentagon and Ascension Zombies are the result of Russian's experiments with Nova 6 and 115.
Actually, it could be that the Nazi scientists the Russians co-opted during Vietnam, brought stories of the zombies with them, which lead to the Russians to try and emulate them with the Nova 6 gas (hence the gas zombies in Kino Der Toten).
At first they didn't believe it, until their space monkeys and eventually the Cosmic Sliverback, returned from the moon, highly affected by the high amounts of 115 on the moon. (No clipping in "Five" allows you to read the back of the "Exposed" book in the Panic Room, which has a picture of the Cosmic Silverback and says "They sent him to the moon, but he came back".) But unlike the other zombies, the Cosmic Sliverback showed the same signs as the four main characters, growing stronger instead of being completely mindless. Cosmic Silverback sent his Space Monkey brethern to Ascension for some ulterior motive, while he participated in the events of Dead Ops Arcade.
Once they saw it was true, they used humans, and began making the Zombies.
After Der Rise, the four from World at War, take a teleporter. Since one of them (possibly Tank or Richtofen) had a Wunderwaffe, it was the equivalent of putting tinfoil in a microwave. The result of the 115 reaction warps them to Vietnam. The zombies they didn't kill are still crawling the ruins of the Nazi theater (it can't be the same time as the other four maps, because looking outside you see it's the Havanna map.
After their success in recreating the Nazi Zombies, the Russians launched them on the Pentagon to eliminate Kennedy and Castro, thus being the only "power" left in the war. The bowels of the Pentagon show experiments of their own with Nova 6, and hints that the Scientist Zombie went insane from the gas or from 115 since it was implied to be that the Winters Howl was American made, as well as dismantling a Nazi teleporter, which led to the teleporter tech in the Pentagon. (In fact, the Russians may not have sent them at all, they could've came from the teleporter when the Scientist began taking it apart. The Russians just went with the flow and sent Gas Zombies).
The Scientist had gotten stronger instead of being a zombie (no glowing eyes and intelligence to use the teleporters) and started to cause trouble.
Before that, the scientist seen in the comic at the beginning of Ascension (Gersh), could've accidentally opened a teleporter and almost released the girl (Samantha, the one Rictofen left to die with her father, and presumed to be the demonic announcer), hence why he says "you must restore the power before SHE comes", which implies she's more powerful than the zombies. Meeting all the requirements of the mission will open a portal, with the man thanking the characters and then a demonic scream of what can be assumed to be him stopping Samantha's return.
Playing with the Red Phones in Ascension allows you to overhear the fight between Kennedy and the Zombies at the Pentagon, which implies they take place at the same time. Kennedy proved to be too smart to take down with force, so they sent Alex Mason to do the job.
Later on down the road, George Romero finds Nazi documents telling about the zombies and 115. So he manages to recruit the four stars and take them to Sebirea under the guise of filming another zombie movie, but in reality trying to learn the secret of 115. All hell breaks loose, and George gets kidnapped, then 115 makes him stronger and retain his awareness somewhat.
Meanwhile, our four time lost heroes wind up stuck in a room with a broken teleporter, and task the stars to help them get the teleporter in the room operational (and find Nicholai some vodka). Doing so sends them to Paradise, which is believed to be a bigger version of The Temple from the Nintendo DS version of Black Ops.
BTW: Is it poor writing when the storyline of a completely unrelated minigame makes the main storyline BETTER?
MW 3 will feature Barack Obama, Osama Bin Laden, John McCain, and (for good measure) Sarah Palin at Guantanamo Bay.
- C'mon, you want to see it happen. Shortly after Bin Laden is captured, instead of killing him, Obama takes him to Gitmo to try to find the location of the rest of Al Qaeda. McCain is there to try to talk Obama out of letting Bin Laden live, and Palin is...well, she's Sarah Palin, she needs no excuse.
- Too Soon
- Only too soon because it wouldn't be made in time. Place your bets on this being DLC.
There'll be a sequel to Call of the Dead.
The zombies are ghouls.
And the Demonic Announcer is actually the Vampiric Announcer. This explains a lot about the zombies, such as how they can survive with their heads blown off completely, their glowing eyes and possibly how they gain power with every round.
- The games' story means this is only valid for Nacht Der Untoten, where there is no announcer.
The reason why the technology in Nazi Zombies is so incredibly futuristic is because they got the funding from the Philosopher's Legacy from the Metal Gear Solid series
- Would explain a great deal.
- Sakuya's name isn't her real name.
Black Ops 2 will introduce a new female player character.
Based entirely on the teaser poster for Zombie Mode, which prominently features a shotgun-toting woman holding a zombie's severed head. This will result in Dempsey loudly celebrating her arrival, given his previous complaints about the lack of a girl in the group. Also, fangirls will promptly declare her a Mary Sue.
- Appears confirmed. Aside from what the poster shows, nothing is known.